403 forbidden

Vijaya Nand
Dear sir,

I am using a gmap.net control to use OSM but suddent it started giving 403 error. Please suggest.

Thanks,
Vijaya

Re: 403 forbidden

Maarten Deen
On 2019-05-29 11:23, Vijaya Nand wrote:
> Dear sir,
>
> I am using a gmap.net [1] control to use OSM but suddent it started
> giving 403 error. Please suggest.

Going to gmap.org redirects me to https://www.cggh.org/
Is it related to https://github.com/radioman/greatmaps ? Maybe the
domain was transferred?

Regards,
Maarten

Re: 403 forbidden

Grant Slater
Hi Vijaya,

We have recent had to crack down on users who are violating our usage policy:
https://operations.osmfoundation.org/policies/tiles/

Please check what User-Agent your app uses or if you fake any browser headers.

The tile.openstreetmap.org CDN is at breaking point.
We now frequently push more than 3Tb per second of traffic, with over
22000 requests per second/
We are reaching the limit of what our current stack/config can handle.

Kind regards,

Grant
Part of the OpenStreetMap sysadmin team

On Wed, 29 May 2019 at 10:26, Vijaya Nand <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear sir,
>
> I am using a gmap.net control to use OSM but suddent it started giving 403 error. Please suggest.
>
> Thanks,
> Vijaya

Re: 403 forbidden

Maarten Deen
On 2019-05-29 11:56, Maarten Deen wrote:
> On 2019-05-29 11:23, Vijaya Nand wrote:
>> Dear sir,
>>
>> I am using a gmap.net [1] control to use OSM but suddent it started
>> giving 403 error. Please suggest.
>
> Going to gmap.org

gmap.net of course.

Maarten

Re: 403 forbidden

Vijaya Nand
Hi Grant.

Please suggest me what user agent should I pass. My application name is DeadsureMobile.

Please suggest.

It's Very urgent for me.

Thanks,
Vijaya

On Wed, 29 May 2019, 15:27 Grant Slater, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Vijaya,

We have recent had to crack down on users who are violating our usage policy:
https://operations.osmfoundation.org/policies/tiles/

Please check what User-Agent your app uses or if you fake any browser headers.

The tile.openstreetmap.org CDN is at breaking point.
We now frequently push more than 3Tb per second of traffic, with over
22000 requests per second/
We are reaching the limit of what our current stack/config can handle.

Kind regards,

Grant
Part of the OpenStreetMap sysadmin team

On Wed, 29 May 2019 at 10:26, Vijaya Nand <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear sir,
>
> I am using a gmap.net control to use OSM but suddent it started giving 403 error. Please suggest.
>
> Thanks,
> Vijaya

Re: 403 forbidden

Andy Townsend
On 29/05/2019 11:04, Vijaya Nand wrote:

> Please suggest me what user agent should I pass. My application name
> is DeadsureMobile.

For the avoidance of doubt, if you want to consume map tiles of the same
format as the ones that you see at OpenStreetMap.org the safest way is
to create your own.  See
https://switch2osm.org/manually-building-a-tile-server-18-04-lts/ for
how to do this.

If you'd rather use someone else's tiles, see
https://switch2osm.org/providers/ .

Other tile technologies are available - there's lots of stuff in the OSM
wiki and elsewhere.

Best Regards,

Andy

(not affiliated with the OSM admins in any way; just trying to provide
some helpful links)

Re: 403 forbidden

Vijaya Nand
Hi,

Right now I want to consume tiles from tiles.openstreetmap.org. later I will build my own server.

I want to use user agent DeadSureMobile. Please unblock this so that my application can be used for now.

On Wed, 29 May 2019, 15:53 Andy Townsend, <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 29/05/2019 11:04, Vijaya Nand wrote:

> Please suggest me what user agent should I pass. My application name
> is DeadsureMobile.

For the avoidance of doubt, if you want to consume map tiles of the same
format as the ones that you see at OpenStreetMap.org the safest way is
to create your own.  See
https://switch2osm.org/manually-building-a-tile-server-18-04-lts/ for
how to do this.

If you'd rather use someone else's tiles, see
https://switch2osm.org/providers/ .

Other tile technologies are available - there's lots of stuff in the OSM
wiki and elsewhere.

Best Regards,

Andy

(not affiliated with the OSM admins in any way; just trying to provide
some helpful links)

Re: 403 forbidden

Grant Slater
Hi Vijaya,

I would suggest using a user-agent with name and version at least eg:
org.github.app-name/1.0.0
Do make sure you read and follow:
https://operations.osmfoundation.org/policies/tiles/

Here is why gmap.net got blocked and will remain blocked:
https://github.com/radioman/greatmaps/blob/799f3a38a65350ff00c21acf9b88c96848bb3880/GMap.NET.Core/GMap.NET.MapProviders/GMapProvider.cs#L329-L336

Kind regards,

Grant

On Wed, 29 May 2019 at 11:04, Vijaya Nand <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Grant.
>

> Please suggest me what user agent should I pass. My application name is DeadsureMobile.
>
> Please suggest.
>
> It's Very urgent for me.
>
> Thanks,
> Vijaya
>
> On Wed, 29 May 2019, 15:27 Grant Slater, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Vijaya,
>>
>> We have recent had to crack down on users who are violating our usage policy:
>> https://operations.osmfoundation.org/policies/tiles/
>>
>> Please check what User-Agent your app uses or if you fake any browser headers.
>>
>> The tile.openstreetmap.org CDN is at breaking point.
>> We now frequently push more than 3Tb per second of traffic, with over
>> 22000 requests per second/
>> We are reaching the limit of what our current stack/config can handle.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Grant
>> Part of the OpenStreetMap sysadmin team
>>
>> On Wed, 29 May 2019 at 10:26, Vijaya Nand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Dear sir,
>> >
>> > I am using a gmap.net control to use OSM but suddent it started giving 403 error. Please suggest.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Vijaya

Re: 403 forbidden

Vijaya Nand
DeadSureMobile/1.0.0.1

This is my user agent. Please do let this approved so that I can use it. I am using gmap.net.

Thanks, please confirm so that I can test.

On Wed, 29 May 2019, 16:07 Grant Slater, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Vijaya,

I would suggest using a user-agent with name and version at least eg:
org.github.app-name/1.0.0
Do make sure you read and follow:
https://operations.osmfoundation.org/policies/tiles/

Here is why gmap.net got blocked and will remain blocked:
https://github.com/radioman/greatmaps/blob/799f3a38a65350ff00c21acf9b88c96848bb3880/GMap.NET.Core/GMap.NET.MapProviders/GMapProvider.cs#L329-L336

Kind regards,

Grant

On Wed, 29 May 2019 at 11:04, Vijaya Nand <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Grant.
>

> Please suggest me what user agent should I pass. My application name is DeadsureMobile.
>
> Please suggest.
>
> It's Very urgent for me.
>
> Thanks,
> Vijaya
>
> On Wed, 29 May 2019, 15:27 Grant Slater, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Vijaya,
>>
>> We have recent had to crack down on users who are violating our usage policy:
>> https://operations.osmfoundation.org/policies/tiles/
>>
>> Please check what User-Agent your app uses or if you fake any browser headers.
>>
>> The tile.openstreetmap.org CDN is at breaking point.
>> We now frequently push more than 3Tb per second of traffic, with over
>> 22000 requests per second/
>> We are reaching the limit of what our current stack/config can handle.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Grant
>> Part of the OpenStreetMap sysadmin team
>>
>> On Wed, 29 May 2019 at 10:26, Vijaya Nand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Dear sir,
>> >
>> > I am using a gmap.net control to use OSM but suddent it started giving 403 error. Please suggest.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Vijaya

Re: 403 forbidden

Grant Slater
Hi Vijaya,

If you have changed the User-Agent to comply with the usage policy and
still being blocked then you are likely in violation for faking
another request header.
Please review the Technical Requirement section here:

On Wed, 29 May 2019 at 11:43, Vijaya Nand <[hidden email]> wrote:

> DeadSureMobile/1.0.0.1
>
> This is my user agent. Please do let this approved so that I can use it. I am using gmap.net.
>
> Thanks, please confirm so that I can test.
>

> On Wed, 29 May 2019, 16:07 Grant Slater, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Vijaya,
>>
>> I would suggest using a user-agent with name and version at least eg:
>> org.github.app-name/1.0.0
>> Do make sure you read and follow:
>> https://operations.osmfoundation.org/policies/tiles/
>>
>> Here is why gmap.net got blocked and will remain blocked:
>> https://github.com/radioman/greatmaps/blob/799f3a38a65350ff00c21acf9b88c96848bb3880/GMap.NET.Core/GMap.NET.MapProviders/GMapProvider.cs#L329-L336
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Grant
>>

>> On Wed, 29 May 2019 at 11:04, Vijaya Nand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi Grant.
>> >

>> > Please suggest me what user agent should I pass. My application name is DeadsureMobile.
>> >
>> > Please suggest.
>> >
>> > It's Very urgent for me.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Vijaya

Re: 403 forbidden

Vijaya Nand
I would appreciate if you can let me know the exact request header.

Thanks,
Vijaya

On Wed, 29 May 2019, 16:35 Grant Slater, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Vijaya,

If you have changed the User-Agent to comply with the usage policy and
still being blocked then you are likely in violation for faking
another request header.
Please review the Technical Requirement section here:
https://operations.osmfoundation.org/policies/tiles/

Kind regards,

Grant

On Wed, 29 May 2019 at 11:43, Vijaya Nand <[hidden email]> wrote:

> DeadSureMobile/1.0.0.1
>
> This is my user agent. Please do let this approved so that I can use it. I am using gmap.net.
>
> Thanks, please confirm so that I can test.
>

> On Wed, 29 May 2019, 16:07 Grant Slater, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Vijaya,
>>
>> I would suggest using a user-agent with name and version at least eg:
>> org.github.app-name/1.0.0
>> Do make sure you read and follow:
>> https://operations.osmfoundation.org/policies/tiles/
>>
>> Here is why gmap.net got blocked and will remain blocked:
>> https://github.com/radioman/greatmaps/blob/799f3a38a65350ff00c21acf9b88c96848bb3880/GMap.NET.Core/GMap.NET.MapProviders/GMapProvider.cs#L329-L336
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Grant
>>

>> On Wed, 29 May 2019 at 11:04, Vijaya Nand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi Grant.
>> >

>> > Please suggest me what user agent should I pass. My application name is DeadsureMobile.
>> >
>> > Please suggest.
>> >
>> > It's Very urgent for me.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Vijaya

Re: 403 forbidden

Mateusz Konieczny-3
29 May 2019, 11:57 by [hidden email]:
Hi Vijaya,

We have recent had to crack down on users who are violating our usage policy:
https://operations.osmfoundation.org/policies/tiles/

Please check what User-Agent your app uses or if you fake any browser headers.

The tile.openstreetmap.org CDN is at breaking point.
We now frequently push more than 3Tb per second of traffic, with over
22000 requests per second
Thanks for doing this, within last months map view during editing was really laggy
(and often still, hopefully more policy-violating users can be blocked).

Re: 403 forbidden

Mateusz Konieczny-3

To check what gmap.net is doing you need to either check its source code,
capture your network traffic and review it (with for example Wireshark)
or use program that is not maliciously violating OSM policies.

29 May 2019, 13:18 by [hidden email]:
I would appreciate if you can let me know the exact request header.

Re: 403 forbidden

Vijaya Nand
Please suggest me how I can get OSM API user id and password so that I can pass that to authenticate.

Please suggest me how I can check what's wrong with gmap.net.

On Wed, 29 May 2019, 17:09 Mateusz Konieczny, <[hidden email]> wrote:

To check what gmap.net is doing you need to either check its source code,
capture your network traffic and review it (with for example Wireshark)
or use program that is not maliciously violating OSM policies.

29 May 2019, 13:18 by [hidden email]:
I would appreciate if you can let me know the exact request header.

Re: 403 forbidden

Mateusz Konieczny-3
31 May 2019, 06:47 by [hidden email]:
Please suggest me how I can get OSM API user id and password so that I can pass that to authenticate.
policy.
Please suggest me how I can check what's wrong with gmap.net.
It is described at
and

It is possible that gmap.net deliberately ignores tile policy in other ways.

You can review source code or
capture your network traffic and review it (with for example Wireshark) to check it or
wait for the developer(s) to fix it.
On Wed, 29 May 2019, 17:09 Mateusz Konieczny, <[hidden email]> wrote:

To check what gmap.net is doing you need to either check its source code,
capture your network traffic and review it (with for example Wireshark)
or use program that is not maliciously violating OSM policies.

29 May 2019, 13:18 by [hidden email]:
I would appreciate if you can let me know the exact request header.

Re: 403 forbidden

Tom Hughes-3
We don't offer any sort of authenticated tile service.

Tom

On 31/05/2019 05:47, Vijaya Nand wrote:

> Please suggest me how I can get OSM API user id and password so that I
> can pass that to authenticate.
>
> Please suggest me how I can check what's wrong with gmap.net
> <http://gmap.net>.
>
> On Wed, 29 May 2019, 17:09 Mateusz Konieczny, <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Technical requirements are at
>     https://operations.osmfoundation.org/policies/tiles/
>
>     To check what gmap.net <http://gmap.net> is doing you need to either
>     check its source code,
>     capture your network traffic and review it (with for example Wireshark)
>     or use program that is not maliciously violating OSM policies.
>
>     29 May 2019, 13:18 by [hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>:
>
>         I would appreciate if you can let me know the exact request header.

Tom Hughes ([hidden email])
http://compton.nu/

Re: 403 forbidden

Vijaya Nand
Ok, thanks for the reply.

Please suggest me how I can check what's wrong with gmap.net

Please also tell me if I can check something for any malicious.

On 31. May 2019, at 08:08, Vijaya Nand <[hidden email]> wrote:

Please suggest me how I can check what's wrong with gmap.net

it was already written, the reason is they are faking the user agent and are not willing to change this

Cheers, Martin

Re: 403 forbidden

Mike N.
On 5/31/2019 12:47 AM, Vijaya Nand wrote:
> Please suggest me how I can get OSM API user id and password so that I
> can pass that to authenticate.
>
> Please suggest me how I can check what's wrong with gmap.net
> <http://gmap.net>.

   It would be logical to add Mapbox as another source to GreatMaps as a
proper tile source.   Here's another project that can use Mapbox vector
tiles https://github.com/AliFlux/VectorTileRenderer