A fool with a tool ... Vehicle service tags

A fool with a tool ... Vehicle service tags

Thilo Haug OSM
8X-----------------------------------------------------

Sérgio V. svolk2 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 4 15:59:48 UTC 2019

As talking on tools, standards and principles, I think what is vital is to follow "OSM principles":

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Good_practice

*Don't remove tags that you don't understand*

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/How_We_Map

*Do not engage in large-scale "cleanups" without securing the agreement of the relevant community or talking to the people whose work you aim to "clean".*
8X-----------------------------------------------------

Possibly you didn't notice I (first) tried to do so in May 2018 ?

8X-----------------------------------------------------
Fri Jan 4 14:35:57 UTC 2019
...but last time this wasn't very successful :
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2018-May/036095.html

8X-----------------------------------------------------

And did they ?
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2018-May/036119.html

Nothing happened, last mail :
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2018-May/036275.html

So please be try to be constructive,
look forward and tell us which scheme you prefer and why

Re: A fool with a tool ... Vehicle service tags

Tom Pfeifer
As a side note, I find those mails with fancy "scissor" lines hard to read, as the actual
contribution is hidden somewhere in between.

It would help me if you could use the traditional method of quoting with '>' symbols, which is often
supported in mail clients with some syntax highlighting.

Thanks
tom

On 04.01.2019 17:38, Thilo Haug OSM wrote:
> 8X-----------------------------------------------------

Re: A fool with a tool ... Vehicle service tags

Paul Allen
On Fri, 4 Jan 2019 at 17:24, Tom Pfeifer <[hidden email]> wrote:

It would help me if you could use the traditional method of quoting with '>' symbols, which is often
supported in mail clients with some syntax highlighting.

+1

--
Paul

Re: A fool with a tool ... Vehicle service tags

Richard Z.
On Fri, Jan 04, 2019 at 06:23:15PM +0100, Tom Pfeifer wrote:
> As a side note, I find those mails with fancy "scissor" lines hard to read,
> as the actual contribution is hidden somewhere in between.

also breaking threads for every response is a bit too often.

Richard