A highway is not always and not by all styles Rendered ON a bridge.

A highway is not always and not by all styles Rendered ON a bridge.

AnkEric
In my "own" style (Bicycle / Hiking - map) sometimes (only sometimes!) a
highway is not Rendered ON a bridge.
The "missing" highway is not visible, but it is routable!

<http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/file/t344065/MKGMAP_highway_not_rendered_on_bridge.png>

Both default-Style and OFM-Style are OK:

<http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/file/t344065/MKGMAP_OFM_highway_IS_rendered_ON_bridge_OK.png>

My uneducated guess:
- the highway (having [layer=1]) is rendered on a layer below the bridge
(also having [layer=1]).
- 2x OK-bridge is not crossing a waterway (so [layer=1] is sometimes
considered to be not required, needless)
- 1x NOT-OK-bridge IS crossing a [waterway=canal]. [layer=1] on bridge IS
required and therefore (???) NOT rendered oké ???

MKGMAP_highway_not_rendered_on_bridge.osm
<http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/file/t344065/MKGMAP_highway_not_rendered_on_bridge.osm>

/ Eric (AnkEric)

Re: A highway is not always and not by all styles Rendered ON a bridge.

Arndt Röhrig
Hi Eric,

unfortunately there is no draworder for highways.
it is coincidence if a line is over or below another.
Only the routable lines 0x01 to 0x03 are always draw above other lines.
You can create a separate, transparent map with a higher draworder.
There you can put in all the lines that should be displayed above the others.
For bridges i use a line with one of the two possible colors "transparent".
--------------------------
transparent - space for other highways
--------------------------

Greets
Arndt

AnkEric < [hidden email]> hat am 29. Januar 2020 um 16:33 geschrieben:

In my "own" style (Bicycle / Hiking - map) sometimes (only sometimes!) a
highway is not Rendered ON a bridge.
The "missing" highway is not visible, but it is routable!

Both default-Style and OFM-Style are OK:

My uneducated guess:
- the highway (having [layer=1]) is rendered on a layer below the bridge
(also having [layer=1]).
- 2x OK-bridge is not crossing a waterway (so [layer=1] is sometimes
considered to be not required, needless)
- 1x NOT-OK-bridge IS crossing a [waterway=canal]. [layer=1] on bridge IS
required and therefore (???) NOT rendered oké ???

MKGMAP_highway_not_rendered_on_bridge.osm

/ Eric (AnkEric)

Re: A highway is not always and not by all styles Rendered ON a bridge.

AnkEric
Hi Arndt,

Thanks for you answer. Now I finally understand!

I will either ignore the issue as not important, or try to always use 0x01
or 0x03 if the highway is on a bridge!

Making a bridge transparant will get me into conflict with my Key User and
Navigator Anke.
I render bridge contours more prominent so she can see if the upcoming
highway crossing is ON the bridge or we cross UNDER the bridge (and
therefore it is not a junction and we cannot get to the other side of the
river).

/ Eric (AnkEric)