A modest proposal to increase the usefulness of the tagging list

A modest proposal to increase the usefulness of the tagging list – As a reader of this list I'm slightly overwhelmed by it right now. Besides the longish off topic discussions that should have been held somewh...
Hi, On 6/2/19 10:47, Simon Poole wrote: > In the interest of keeping the list at least half usable, I would > suggest that we all, star...
2 Jun 2019, 12:10 by frederik@...: > - propose tags only if you, personally, have solid demand for it (i.e. > you have already mapped, o...
> On Jun 4, 2019, at 2:40 PM, Mateusz Konieczny <matkoniecz@...> wrote: > > Or you will use. Thanks for handling man_m...
On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 6:05 AM John Willis via Tagging <tagging@...> wrote: > On Jun 4, 2019, at 2:40 PM, Mateusz Konieczny <matkoniec...
On 02/06/19 20:10, Frederik Ramm wrote: > Hi, > > On 6/2/19 10:47, Simon Poole wrote: >> In the interest of keeping the list at lea...
in your email program of choice, sort anything with the tagging address in it into a separate folder. you can also thread your email and follow...
LS I agree that email is not the best tool for discussions. The main thing for me is that the world of email is no longer limited to one mailer....
On Mon, Jun 03, 2019 at 11:11:50AM +0200, Peter Elderson wrote: > LS > I agree that email is not the best tool for discussions. The main t...
> Op 3 jun. 2019 om 15:02 heeft Florian Lohoff <f@...> het volgende geschreven: > >> On Mon, Jun 03, 2019 at 11:11:50AM +0200,...
Le 03.06.19 à 11:11, Peter Elderson a écrit : > in favour of moving to the forum it's a totally personal choice. some prefer emails becau...
(not read the whole thread as there are far too many from you, Simon.) What is WMF ? When you say "not posting more than 30 times per m...
>> longish off topic discussions You can not get context nor understand the usage situations in other regions without this. If you ...
Le 02.06.19 à 10:47, Simon Poole a écrit : > I would suggest that we all, starting now, voluntarily submit to: I will add the suggestion of...
Maybe we don't hold discussions on the list, but only have them on the discussion page of the proposal? Post to the list to say: Title: Propo...
Yes it would work and I would highly appreciate it because it's easier for me to maintain a discussion page than a discussion on a mailing list. A...
I've just checked the history, and as far as I can tell, there has been a grand total of just 15 proposals put to voting since the beginning of th...
Am 02.06.2019 um 17:36 schrieb osm.tagging@...: > I've just checked the history, and as far as I can tell, there has been a grand total of j...
On Sun, 2 Jun 2019 at 09:49, Simon Poole <simon@...> wrote: > > In the interest of keeping the list at least half usable, I would ...
Am 02.06.2019 um 14:40 schrieb Paul Allen: > On Sun, 2 Jun 2019 at 09:49, Simon Poole <simon@... > <mailto:simon@...>> wrote...
On Sun, 2 Jun 2019 at 14:17, Simon Poole <simon@...> wrote: Am 02.06.2019 um 14:40 schrieb Paul Allen: > > > As I already sai...
Am 02.06.2019 um 15:41 schrieb Paul Allen: > On Sun, 2 Jun 2019 at 14:17, Simon Poole <simon@... > <mailto:simon@...>> wrote...
On Sunday 02 June 2019, Simon Poole wrote: > > - not posting more than 30 times per month (the 30 comes from the WMF > mailing lists, whe...
Hi, On 6/2/19 13:17, Christoph Hormann wrote: > Note there have been in the past opinions that documenting a new tag > without creating a ...
On Sun, 2 Jun 2019 at 13:39, Frederik Ramm <frederik@...> wrote: > > On 6/2/19 13:17, Christoph Hormann wrote: > > Note the...
We should also remember ourselves that we want to talk objectively about topics as often as possible and avoiding debates that are driving too emo...
Who's going to keep the tally? Maybe we need an actual tool to help with this (I'm not proposing to write one or figure what could be used for do...
On 02/06/2019 10:11, Jo wrote: > Who's going to keep the tally? Maybe we need an actual tool to help > with this (I'm not proposing to writ...
I'm suggesting that everybody is grown up enough to self limit themselves. Outside of that, when in doubt a quick look at the months archive is al...
sent from a phone > On 2. Jun 2019, at 10:47, Simon Poole <simon@...> wrote: > > In the interest of keeping the list at least h...