A simple survey and proposal about tagging cram schools

A simple survey and proposal about tagging cram schools

石野貴之
Hello.
I have wanted to organize tagging schemes of educational institutions outside school. I conducted a very simple survey and uploaded the result and my opinion in
.

I would be glad if you give me any comments.

Takayuki Ishino

Re: A simple survey and proposal about tagging cram schools

Jmapb
On 5/22/2019 3:03 PM, 石野貴之 wrote:

> Hello.
> I have wanted to organize tagging schemes of educational institutions
> outside school. I conducted a very simple survey and uploaded the
> result and my opinion in
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/yumean1119/diary/364867
> .
>
> I would be glad if you give me any comments.

Hi! Just in case you missed it, we had brief and inconclusive
discussions of these earlier this year:

https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2019-January/042561.html
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2019-February/042983.html
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2019-March/043617.html

There are some other tagging suggestions mentioned in those threads that
you might want to add to your survey:
amenity=cram_school, amenity=tutoring, office=tutoring,
office=educational_institution, education=tutoring

The last one, education=tutoring, is the best IMO but hinges upon the
general acceptance of education=* as a valid tagging scheme, which is
uncertain at this point.

Jason

2019年5月23日(木) 4:22 Jmapb <[hidden email]>:

Hi! Just in case you missed it, we had brief and inconclusive
discussions of these earlier this year:

https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2019-January/042561.html
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2019-February/042983.html
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2019-March/043617.html

 Thank you for the information.
My main idea is almost identical with what is presented in the last thread.
I have two reasons to express this idea in my diary.
1. OSM Japan community is not so aware of the current situation and issues of tagging educational institutions outside of school.
I wrote a Japanese diary first to pose a problem to our community and asked the readers to give comments.
https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/yumean1119/diary/364501
I thought it would be great to have opinions from all over the world. That's why I posted a diary in English too.
https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/yumean1119/diary/364867

2. My goal is to organize tagging schemes on various types of educational institutions, not only on cram school or tutoring school.
I have been worried about the slow progress in discussing a simple tagging scheme(education=*)
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_Features/Education_Reform_Alternative
and I felt the need to decide our policy on using education=* tags before we go to the next step.(e.g. deprecating amenity=school;university and so on)

Takayuki Ishino