A strange problem

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

A strange problem

iomeneandrei
Hi all,
I'm using JGrass foss4g 2008 version. I have a strange problem. When I run a grass command that produce a map (i.e. r.slope), I'm able to add it to the map. If I run it a second time and I produce another map object, JGrass seems not able to rendere properly the same kind of object created with the same above process.

You can see this behavior in action here:
http://snipurl.com/5qz9o 

What do you think about?

Thank you,

Andrea
Andrea Borruso

----------------------------------------------------
email: aborruso@tin.it
website: http://blog.spaziogis.it
my 2.0 life: http://aborruso.spaziogis.it
feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Tanto
38° 7' 48" N, 13° 21' 9" E
----------------------------------------------------
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: A strange problem

Andrea Antonello
Andrea, two things:
1) how is it that you have always the stranges errors? :)
2) your videos are almost tutorials about how to do things. At the
next code sprint I invite you officially to create screencast
tutorials! :)

> I'm using JGrass foss4g 2008 version. I have a strange problem. When I run a
> grass command that produce a map (i.e. r.slope), I'm able to add it to the
> map. If I run it a second time and I produce another map object, JGrass
> seems not able to rendere properly the same kind of object created with the
> same above process.

Honestly, I have no idea. Can you check in the log if there are error messages?
Would you be able to creare this on a small location and send that to
me. I would like to control the consistence of the new map. Is the new
map created in all its files?

Andrea


>
> You can see this behavior in action here:
> http://snipurl.com/5qz9o
>
> What do you think about?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Andrea
>
> -----
> Andrea Borruso
>
> ----------------------------------------------------
> email: [hidden email]
> blog: http://blog.spaziogis.it
> ----------------------------------------------------
> --
> View this message in context: http://n2.nabble.com/A-strange-problem-tp1513782p1513782.html
> Sent from the JGrass-devel -- Developer list for jgrass mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> _______________________________________________
> JGrass-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://dev.fsc.bz.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/jgrass-devel
>
_______________________________________________
JGrass-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://dev.fsc.bz.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/jgrass-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: A strange problem

iomeneandrei
Ciao Andrea,
Andrea Antonello wrote
1) how is it that you have always the stranges errors? :)
I do not know, probably because I'm strange too ;-)

Andrea Antonello wrote
2) your videos are almost tutorials about how to do things. At the
next code sprint I invite you officially to create screencast
tutorials! :)
I love screencasting, especially when coupled with tools like JGrass. I'm not so strong in JGrass but I could make basic tutorial about uDig/JGrass. Make me know.

Andrea Antonello wrote
Honestly, I have no idea. Can you check in the log if there are error messages?
Would you be able to creare this on a small location and send that to
me. I would like to control the consistence of the new map. Is the new
map created in all its files?
This is my original location:
Castellammare.zip

This is my command:
grass {
r.slope.aspect.exe elevation=demED50@regista slope=pendenza_pr5 format=percent prec=float zfactor=1.0 min_slp_allowed=0.0 --overwrite
}

This is my log:
log_jgrass.zip

A very important thing: if i close and reopen JGrass I'm able to see that layer that few minutes before gives me the problem that you know. Then in my opinion the produced file has the right consistence.

Thank you for all,

a
Andrea Borruso

----------------------------------------------------
email: aborruso@tin.it
website: http://blog.spaziogis.it
my 2.0 life: http://aborruso.spaziogis.it
feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Tanto
38° 7' 48" N, 13° 21' 9" E
----------------------------------------------------
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: A strange problem

iomeneandrei
Ciao Andrea,
only to add that my problem is similar to this one:
http://snipurl.com/5vvhq

Buona giornata,

a
Andrea Borruso

----------------------------------------------------
email: aborruso@tin.it
website: http://blog.spaziogis.it
my 2.0 life: http://aborruso.spaziogis.it
feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Tanto
38° 7' 48" N, 13° 21' 9" E
----------------------------------------------------
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: A strange problem

Andrea Antonello
In reply to this post by iomeneandrei
[...]
> I love screencasting, especially when coupled with tools like JGrass. I'm
> not so strong in JGrass but I could make basic tutorial about uDig/JGrass.
> Make me know.

Andrea, that would be of an amazing help. Really!!
Having some well done screencast tutorials about basic JGrass would be amazing.
That would also help to bridge this time frame in which we still have
to finish the documentation.
At the moment new JGrass users are a bit left to a lot of scattered
presentations.
Having a set of logically connected screencasts on the website about
how to get started with JGrass would be of big big help.


>> Honestly, I have no idea. Can you check in the log if there are error
>> messages?
>> Would you be able to creare this on a small location and send that to
>> me. I would like to control the consistence of the new map. Is the new
>> map created in all its files?
>>
>
> This is my original location:
> http://n2.nabble.com/file/n1518344/Castellammare.zip Castellammare.zip
>
> This is my command:
> grass {
> r.slope.aspect.exe elevation=demED50@regista slope=pendenza_pr5
> format=percent prec=float zfactor=1.0 min_slp_allowed=0.0 --overwrite
> }
>
> This is my log:
> http://n2.nabble.com/file/n1518344/log_jgrass.zip log_jgrass.zip
>
> A very important thing: if i close and reopen JGrass I'm able to see that
> layer that few minutes before gives me the problem that you know. Then in my
> opinion the produced file has the right consistence.

Ok, thanks, I can't test this right now, I will try to check this evening.

Ciao
Andrea


>
> Thank you for all,
>
> a
>
>
> -----
> Andrea Borruso
>
> ----------------------------------------------------
> email: [hidden email]
> blog: http://blog.spaziogis.it
> ----------------------------------------------------
> --
> View this message in context: http://n2.nabble.com/A-strange-problem-tp1513782p1518344.html
> Sent from the JGrass-devel -- Developer list for jgrass mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> _______________________________________________
> JGrass-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://dev.fsc.bz.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/jgrass-devel
>
_______________________________________________
JGrass-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://dev.fsc.bz.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/jgrass-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: A strange problem

iomeneandrei
Ciao Andrea,
Andrea Antonello wrote
Andrea, that would be of an amazing help. Really!!
Having some well done screencast tutorials about basic JGrass would be amazing.
That would also help to bridge this time frame in which we still have
to finish the documentation.
write me an email and discuss about your needs.

It will be a pleasure.

ciao,

a
Andrea Borruso

----------------------------------------------------
email: aborruso@tin.it
website: http://blog.spaziogis.it
my 2.0 life: http://aborruso.spaziogis.it
feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Tanto
38° 7' 48" N, 13° 21' 9" E
----------------------------------------------------
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: A strange problem

Andrea Antonello
>> Andrea, that would be of an amazing help. Really!!
>> Having some well done screencast tutorials about basic JGrass would be
>> amazing.
>> That would also help to bridge this time frame in which we still have
>> to finish the documentation.
>>
> write me an email and discuss about your needs.
>
> It will be a pleasure.

In the next days we will try to make a list of important tasks to do
in JGrass. When I have that I will write you an email or we can meet
in chat.
Thanks a lot, I'm sure many users will love you for that. We often
have requests of screencast tutorials.

Andrea



>
> ciao,
>
> a
>
> -----
> Andrea Borruso
>
> ----------------------------------------------------
> email: [hidden email]
> blog: http://blog.spaziogis.it
> ----------------------------------------------------
> --
> View this message in context: http://n2.nabble.com/A-strange-problem-tp1513782p1518574.html
> Sent from the JGrass-devel -- Developer list for jgrass mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> _______________________________________________
> JGrass-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://dev.fsc.bz.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/jgrass-devel
>
_______________________________________________
JGrass-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://dev.fsc.bz.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/jgrass-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: A strange problem

Andrea Antonello
In reply to this post by iomeneandrei
Even if I break a bit the thread, I answer to this mail and we can go
on from here (else everything gets too scattered).

Andrea, after understanding for ages the wrong thing, yesterday night
I finally managed to install windows on virtualbox (it really works
incredibly good, as you suggested :)) and today i gave your location a
try.

Mislead by the fact that the problem was on windows and HAD to be some
file stuff, I got blind.
The reason is that I never use the import tool to add a new layer, I
just drag it from the catalog, which in fact works also on windows
with your maps :)
At least now I know that there is an error in the import tool.

Could you please open a bug report in the bugtracker (I just made a
fro:aborruso in delicious :)) and try if with drag and drop from the
console you do not have the problem any more?

Andrea




On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 11:41 AM, iomeneandrei <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Hi all,
> I'm using JGrass foss4g 2008 version. I have a strange problem. When I run a
> grass command that produce a map (i.e. r.slope), I'm able to add it to the
> map. If I run it a second time and I produce another map object, JGrass
> seems not able to rendere properly the same kind of object created with the
> same above process.
>
> You can see this behavior in action here:
> http://snipurl.com/5qz9o
>
> What do you think about?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Andrea
>
> -----
> Andrea Borruso
>
> ----------------------------------------------------
> email: [hidden email]
> blog: http://blog.spaziogis.it
> ----------------------------------------------------
> --
> View this message in context: http://n2.nabble.com/A-strange-problem-tp1513782p1513782.html
> Sent from the JGrass-devel -- Developer list for jgrass mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> _______________________________________________
> JGrass-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://dev.fsc.bz.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/jgrass-devel
>
_______________________________________________
JGrass-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://dev.fsc.bz.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/jgrass-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: A strange problem

iomeneandrei
Ciao Andrea
Andrea Antonello wrote
I just drag it from the catalog, which in fact works also on windows
with your maps :)
there is something I do not understand. You say that if I use the catalogue, I do not have that error, but probably I'm not able to use the catalogue. When I create a grass object inside JGrass console I do not see it inside the catalogue. It's seems there is some refresh problem. You can look it in action here:
http://snipurl.com/6zr39

I'm sure I'm using  the catalogue in a wrong way. Some tips for me?

Andrea Antonello wrote
Could you please open a bug report in the bugtracker (I just made a
fro:aborruso in delicious :)) and try if with drag and drop from the
console you do not have the problem any more?
I'm happy that you are using delicious, and I will open the bug as soon I'm able to replicate your catalogue procedure.

Thank you,

a
Andrea Borruso

----------------------------------------------------
email: aborruso@tin.it
website: http://blog.spaziogis.it
my 2.0 life: http://aborruso.spaziogis.it
feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Tanto
38° 7' 48" N, 13° 21' 9" E
----------------------------------------------------
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: A strange problem

Andrea Antonello
>> I just drag it from the catalog, which in fact works also on windows
>> with your maps :)
>>
> there is something I do not understand. You say that if I use the catalogue,
> I do not have that error, but probably I'm not able to use the catalogue.
> When I create a grass object inside JGrass console I do not see it inside
> the catalogue. It's seems there is some refresh problem. You can look it in
> action here:
> http://snipurl.com/6zr39
>
> I'm sure I'm using  the catalogue in a wrong way. Some tips for me?

Sorry, my fault, in the case of GRASS commands from console at the
moment the location in the cataloge is not refreshed.
Try to right-click on the location and select "reset" from the appearing menu.
After that the map appears.

Let me know,
Andrea


>
>
> Andrea Antonello wrote:
>>
>> Could you please open a bug report in the bugtracker (I just made a
>> fro:aborruso in delicious :)) and try if with drag and drop from the
>> console you do not have the problem any more?
>>
>
> I'm happy that you are using delicious, and I will open the bug as soon I'm
> able to replicate your catalogue procedure.
>
> Thank you,
>
> a
>
> -----
> Andrea Borruso
>
> ----------------------------------------------------
> email: [hidden email]
> blog: http://blog.spaziogis.it
> ----------------------------------------------------
> --
> View this message in context: http://n2.nabble.com/A-strange-problem-tp1513782p1598825.html
> Sent from the JGrass-devel -- Developer list for jgrass mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> _______________________________________________
> JGrass-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://dev.fsc.bz.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/jgrass-devel
>
_______________________________________________
JGrass-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://dev.fsc.bz.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/jgrass-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: A strange problem

iomeneandrei
Ciao Andrea,
Andrea Antonello wrote
Try to right-click on the location and select "reset" from the appearing menu.
now it's ok and I'm going to write import bug. Thank you very much!!

a presto,

a

Andrea Borruso

----------------------------------------------------
email: aborruso@tin.it
website: http://blog.spaziogis.it
my 2.0 life: http://aborruso.spaziogis.it
feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Tanto
38° 7' 48" N, 13° 21' 9" E
----------------------------------------------------