ACT, Australia Buildings Import

Andrew Harvey-3
I'm interested in seeing buildings in ACT Australia imported into OpenStreetMap in line with the Import Guidelines.

At this stage I'm seeking buy in from the local community as well as feedback on the plan.

The data is available from http://actmapi.act.gov.au/datadownload/ and is CC BY 4.0 licensed and the OSMF CC BY waiver has been completed https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:ACT_Government_20180314_Permission_to_Incorporate_CCBY_data_into_OSM.PDF.

1. Attribute Mapping

The existing building classifications don't exactly line up with OSM building tags and this is something easy to contribute via survey so most buildings have the generic building=yes tag or building=residential tag.

source:geometry=ACTMapi has been added to each feature.

2.  Import Plan

The import would use a dedicated imports account and not would either use the geometry replace tool in JOSM or not replace existing buildings. I'm keen for any feedback from the local ACT mappers.