[ANN] Gebabbel 0.1 beta

Christoph Eckert
Hi all,

first of all, my apologies for cross-posting. But anyway, as it is
christmas time, here is a small gift: Gebabbel 0.1 Beta is out :) .

Gebabbel[1] is a frontend for the famous gpsbabel[2] command line tool.
It was written using Trolltech's[3] incredible Qt4 toolkit and
therefore runs on Linux, Mac OS X 10.4 (both Intel and PowerPC Macs) as
well as on Windows driven systems. It is not a replacement for the
existing frontends but my attempt to learn more about cross platform
hacking using Qt4.

Features:

* Free software with source code published under the GNU GPL. No ads, no
spyware, no malicious code
* Cross-platform availability thanks to Trolltechs Qt4 classes
* Arbitrary amount of named presets to store your preferred gpsbabel
commands. Example presets are provided
* Creation and editing of presets via the graphical user interface or a
command line edit
* Highly configurable via its configuration file
* Usage of built in (Mac and Windows) or an arbitrary gpsbabel
executable
* GUI highly independent of a certain gpsbabel version
* Support of almost all currently known gpsbabel features
* Application prepared for easy translation to further languages.
Currently supported languages include english and german

Gebabbel has successfully been used to exchange data with a Garmin
device (tested on Linux, Mac OS X 10.4 and Windows). It surely contains
bugs, so if you find one please let me know.

Tranlations are wanted. If you want it to appear in your mother tongue,
translating it simply is done by editing an XML text file. No
programming skills are required.

Enjoy & happy holidays,

ce

[1] http://gebabbel.sourceforge.net