API KEy Error

DERICK LUNG'AHO LUNG'AHO P15/21645/2007
Hi,
I created a small j2me map app and registered for a cloudmade api key
with a valid url. The app works well in my emuletor but raises an "Invalid
API Key" error when i deploy it on my S60 phone (N78). I pasted the code here
(http://dpaste.com/hold/21009/). What could be the problem?

Re: API KEy Error

Nick Black-2
Hi Derick - did you manage to fix this issue?

Best,
On 30 Mar 2009, at 00:24, DERICK LUNG'AHO wrote:

Hi,
I created a small j2me map app and registered for a cloudmade api key
with a valid url. The app works well in my emuletor but raises an "Invalid
API Key" error when i deploy it on my S60 phone (N78). I pasted the code here
(http://dpaste.com/hold/21009/). What could be the problem?

Thanks

<ATT00001.txt>

--
Nick Black
Founder and Head of Products

Re: API KEy Error

Oleg Shaniuk

Hi Derick,

I can't really say, why it works on emulator, but you should take and pass to MapItem a key from nutiteq's site, not web key from cloudmade. Try also pass as key "tutorial" if first won't work ( you should also keep default app name and vendor in order to use tutorial key)

Also, here is doc, which may help you: http://www.nutiteq.com/system/files/Hello_Map_tutorial-0_8_0A.pdf

Have fun!

--

RO

2009/3/30 DERICK LUNG'AHO <[hidden email]>
Hi,
I created a small j2me map app and registered for a cloudmade api key
with a valid url. The app works well in my emuletor but raises an "Invalid
API Key" error when i deploy it on my S60 phone (N78). I pasted the code here
(http://dpaste.com/hold/21009/). What could be the problem?

RO

Re: API KEy Error

jaakl

Hi,

  It seems that you use CloudMade license key in the “new MapItem” command, but you should use Nutiteq license key instead there: http://www.nutiteq.com/generate_key.html, (this requires registration in Nutiteq site). In another Java command  to select CloudMade map source you should use CloudMade license key:

 mapItem.setMap(new CloudMade("YOUR-CM-KEY", 256, 1));

Our Nutiteq license check server does not check keys from emulator, just make development a bit easier. This is why it works in emulator.

 The license key is checked mainly for statistics, currently you can see total number of startups of your applications at http://www.nutiteq.com/content/user-application-statistics, but we plan to add much more there for you : application usage by time, by country, by device etc.

 Actually it could be nice to support CloudMade license key also for the J2ME library license; you are not the first to be confused with these two keys. Maybe later J

[hidden email]