About JGrass and Bursa Wolf parameters

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

About JGrass and Bursa Wolf parameters

iomeneandrei
Hi all,
I have read a fantastic post of Andrea Antonello in his blog, and I have started  a thread with him here:
http://pages.citebite.com/q4j8r7h9oocx

I'm continuing it here.

I want to make my shapefile know the proper (bursa added) projection, and I want to know if I can apply these parameters per layer directly in JGRASS.
Look please at this movie:
http://screencast.com/t/LscNER58
In the movie I set a personalize CRS for a layer (I set bursa parameters), then I apply my changes. If I open again the layer properties of that layer, I do not see any more the parameters I have set. Is it normal?

Thank you,

Andra

Andrea Borruso

----------------------------------------------------
email: aborruso@tin.it
website: http://blog.spaziogis.it
my 2.0 life: http://aborruso.spaziogis.it
feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Tanto
38° 7' 48" N, 13° 21' 9" E
----------------------------------------------------
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: About JGrass and Bursa Wolf parameters

Andrea Antonello
> I have read a fantastic post of Andrea Antonello in his blog, and I have
> started  a thread with him here:
> http://pages.citebite.com/q4j8r7h9oocx

Hei, thanks man, and you really know a lot of nice tools to use in the
internet to share discussions :)

> I'm continuing it here.
>
> I want to make my shapefile know the proper (bursa added) projection, and I
> want to know if I can apply these parameters per layer directly in JGRASS.
> Look please at this movie:
> http://screencast.com/t/LscNER58
> In the movie I set a personalize CRS for a layer (I set bursa parameters),
> then I apply my changes. If I open again the layer properties of that layer,
> I do not see any more the parameters I have set. Is it normal?

Alright, then we have it.

If you want to change the map's projection, you will have to define a
new epsg code, else, every time you open the projection browser, it
will pick up the WKT of the epsg reported and therefore every time it
will lose your Bursa parameters.

So in fact you should put in:

PROJCS["Monte Mario / Italy zone 1",
  GEOGCS["Monte Mario",
    DATUM["Monte Mario",
      SPHEROID["International 1924", 6378388.0, 297.0,
AUTHORITY["EPSG","7022"]],
      TOWGS84[-104.1, -49.1, -9.9, 0.971, -2.917, 0.714, -11.68],
      AUTHORITY["EPSG","6265"]],
    PRIMEM["Greenwich", 0.0, AUTHORITY["EPSG","8901"]],
    UNIT["degree", 0.017453292519943295],
    AXIS["Geodetic longitude", EAST],
    AXIS["Geodetic latitude", NORTH],
    AUTHORITY["EPSG","4265"]],
  PROJECTION["Transverse_Mercator"],
  PARAMETER["central_meridian", 9.0],
  PARAMETER["latitude_of_origin", 0.0],
  PARAMETER["scale_factor", 0.9996],
  PARAMETER["false_easting", 1500000.0],
  PARAMETER["false_northing", 0.0],
  UNIT["m", 1.0],
  AXIS["Easting", EAST],
  AXIS["Northing", NORTH],
  AUTHORITY["EPSG","10003003"]]


Note the dummy 10003003 instead of the 3003 at the end :)


The best thing to have that persistent, IMHO is to put that into the
prj file of the shapefile, so, if you load the file by creating a new
map, it will take your funky customized projection.

Let me know if that works for you.

Ciao
Andrea



>
> Thank you,
>
> Andra
>
>
>
> -----
> Andrea Borruso
>
> ----------------------------------------------------
> email: [hidden email]
> blog: http://blog.spaziogis.it
> ----------------------------------------------------
> --
> View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/About-JGrass-and-Bursa-Wolf-parameters-tp17148832p17148832.html
> Sent from the JGrass-devel -- Developer list for jgrass mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> _______________________________________________
> JGrass-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://dev.fsc.bz.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/jgrass-devel
>
_______________________________________________
JGrass-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://dev.fsc.bz.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/jgrass-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: About JGrass and Bursa Wolf parameters

iomeneandrei
Hi Andrea
Andrea Antonello-3 wrote
Hei, thanks man, and you really know a lot of nice tools to use in the
internet to share discussions :)

If you want to change the map's projection, you will have to define a
new epsg code
I'm web addicted and I love this kind of sharing tools.
I did not define new epsg code, a stupid error of mine. Now it's all ok.

Thank you,

Andrea
Andrea Borruso

----------------------------------------------------
email: aborruso@tin.it
website: http://blog.spaziogis.it
my 2.0 life: http://aborruso.spaziogis.it
feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Tanto
38° 7' 48" N, 13° 21' 9" E
----------------------------------------------------
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: About JGrass and Bursa Wolf parameters

Andrea Antonello
>> Hei, thanks man, and you really know a lot of nice tools to use in the
>> internet to share discussions :)
>>
>> If you want to change the map's projection, you will have to define a
>> new epsg code
>>
>
> I'm web addicted and I love this kind of sharing tools.

Yes I've noticed that. :) I will really try the screencasts for JGrass
tutorials. Now that I know that I can also put voice on them...

> I did not define new epsg code, a stupid error of mine. Now it's all ok.

No worries, good to know it works.

For the grass commands error we will need some more time to test, we
are pretty busy right now.

Ciao
Andrea

>
> Thank you,
>
> Andrea
>
>
> -----
> Andrea Borruso
>
> ----------------------------------------------------
> email: [hidden email]
> blog: http://blog.spaziogis.it
> ----------------------------------------------------
> --
> View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/About-JGrass-and-Bursa-Wolf-parameters-tp17148832p17150557.html
> Sent from the JGrass-devel -- Developer list for jgrass mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> _______________________________________________
> JGrass-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://dev.fsc.bz.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/jgrass-devel
>
_______________________________________________
JGrass-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://dev.fsc.bz.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/jgrass-devel