About the diaper key

Valor Naram
Hey,

the proposal at https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/changing_table has been accepted now and I can start with the post-vote process and creating a wiki page. The property Key:changing_table success the Key:diaper for now but we or at least I have to deal with the question "What's going on with the diaper key". The answer seems clear: Key:diaper is now superseded by Key:changing_table. While it's the part you CAN definetly answer with ease. The second part properly not. "What do we do with the POIs having the Key:diaper?"

I am very excited about hearing your ideas since some of you noted that just replacing the diaper key and its values with the key and the values of the new key can be problematic.

Cheerio

Sören alias Valor Naram

Re: About the diaper key

marc marc
Hello,

Le 12.06.19 à 16:14, Valor Naram a écrit :
> "What do we do with the POIs having the Key:diaper?"

I had proposed that a conversion table be added,
this would have avoided reopening the thread :)

imho the best thing to do, in order:
- create the wiki page(s) for the new key(s) and values
- add in the wiki page diaper the correspondence table and have
a quick talk here to make sure everyone agrees.
- inform all project that declare using it. ideally their preset/
validator /datause could take into account both for example 1 month,
time for everyone to adapt the code and publish it (often monthly)
- post a message on talk for "mecanical edit request"
- pray that there is no opponent who would need to split
the operation to take into account his opposition
- pray that a editor will not secede by considering
that the community choice is stupid
- wait for code update for projects
- do the mecanical edit
- inform all project it's done

Regards,
Marc

Re: About the diaper key

Valor Naram
Hi marc,

you can find the conversion table at
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:changing_table

I promised to create such a table and I am not one who breaks his
promises

On Wed, 2019-06-12 at 14:41 +0000, marc marc wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Le 12.06.19 à 16:14, Valor Naram a écrit :
> > "What do we do with the POIs having the Key:diaper?"
>
> I had proposed that a conversion table be added,
> this would have avoided reopening the thread :)
>
> imho the best thing to do, in order:
> - create the wiki page(s) for the new key(s) and values
> - add in the wiki page diaper the correspondence table and have
> a quick talk here to make sure everyone agrees.
> - inform all project that declare using it. ideally their preset/
> validator /datause could take into account both for example 1 month,
> time for everyone to adapt the code and publish it (often monthly)
> - post a message on talk for "mecanical edit request"
> - pray that there is no opponent who would need to split
> the operation to take into account his opposition
> - pray that a editor will not secede by considering
> that the community choice is stupid
> - wait for code update for projects
> - do the mecanical edit
> - inform all project it's done
>
> Regards,
> Marc

Re: About the diaper key

marc marc
I was looking at the proposal and diaper page :)
somes changes
diaper=bench -> changing_Table=limited

diaper=room -> changing_table=yes + changing_table:location=room (you
can't assume that the room is dedicated)

Le 12.06.19 à 18:10, Valor Naram a écrit :

> Hi marc,
>
> you can find the conversion table at
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:changing_table
>
> I promised to create such a table and I am not one who breaks his
> promises
>
> On Wed, 2019-06-12 at 14:41 +0000, marc marc wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Le 12.06.19 à 16:14, Valor Naram a écrit :
>>> "What do we do with the POIs having the Key:diaper?"
>>
>> I had proposed that a conversion table be added,
>> this would have avoided reopening the thread :)
>>
>> imho the best thing to do, in order:
>> - create the wiki page(s) for the new key(s) and values
>> - add in the wiki page diaper the correspondence table and have
>> a quick talk here to make sure everyone agrees.
>> - inform all project that declare using it. ideally their preset/
>> validator /datause could take into account both for example 1 month,
>> time for everyone to adapt the code and publish it (often monthly)
>> - post a message on talk for "mecanical edit request"
>> - pray that there is no opponent who would need to split
>> the operation to take into account his opposition
>> - pray that a editor will not secede by considering
>> that the community choice is stupid
>> - wait for code update for projects
>> - do the mecanical edit
>> - inform all project it's done
>>
>> Regards,
>> Marc

Re: About the diaper key

Valor Naram
Oh thanks. Corrected it
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:changing_table and I also
notified all downstream users that this feature replaces Key:diaper

On Wed, 2019-06-12 at 16:28 +0000, marc marc wrote:

> I was looking at the proposal and diaper page :)
> somes changes
> diaper=bench -> changing_Table=limited
>
> diaper=room -> changing_table=yes + changing_table:location=room
> (you
> can't assume that the room is dedicated)
>
> Le 12.06.19 à 18:10, Valor Naram a écrit :
> > Hi marc,
> >
> > you can find the conversion table at
> > https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:changing_table
> >
> > I promised to create such a table and I am not one who breaks his
> > promises
> >
> > On Wed, 2019-06-12 at 14:41 +0000, marc marc wrote:

> > > I had proposed that a conversion table be added,
> > > this would have avoided reopening the thread :)
> > >
> > > imho the best thing to do, in order:
> > > - create the wiki page(s) for the new key(s) and values
> > > - add in the wiki page diaper the correspondence table and have
> > > a quick talk here to make sure everyone agrees.
> > > - inform all project that declare using it. ideally their preset/
> > > validator /datause could take into account both for example 1
> > > month,
> > > time for everyone to adapt the code and publish it (often
> > > monthly)
> > > - post a message on talk for "mecanical edit request"
> > > - pray that there is no opponent who would need to split
> > > the operation to take into account his opposition
> > > - pray that a editor will not secede by considering
> > > that the community choice is stupid
> > > - wait for code update for projects
> > > - do the mecanical edit
> > > - inform all project it's done
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Marc

Re: About the diaper key

Jo-2
At some point diapers need to be changed...

Polyglot

On Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 6:44 PM Valor Naram <[hidden email]> wrote:
Oh thanks. Corrected it
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:changing_table and I also
notified all downstream users that this feature replaces Key:diaper

On Wed, 2019-06-12 at 16:28 +0000, marc marc wrote:
> I was looking at the proposal and diaper page :)
> somes changes
> diaper=bench -> changing_Table=limited
>
> diaper=room -> changing_table=yes + changing_table:location=room
> (you
> can't assume that the room is dedicated)
>
> Le 12.06.19 à 18:10, Valor Naram a écrit :
> > Hi marc,
> >
> > you can find the conversion table at
> > https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:changing_table
> >
> > I promised to create such a table and I am not one who breaks his
> > promises
> >
> > On Wed, 2019-06-12 at 14:41 +0000, marc marc wrote:

> > > I had proposed that a conversion table be added,
> > > this would have avoided reopening the thread :)
> > >
> > > imho the best thing to do, in order:
> > > - create the wiki page(s) for the new key(s) and values
> > > - add in the wiki page diaper the correspondence table and have
> > > a quick talk here to make sure everyone agrees.
> > > - inform all project that declare using it. ideally their preset/
> > > validator /datause could take into account both for example 1
> > > month,
> > > time for everyone to adapt the code and publish it (often
> > > monthly)
> > > - post a message on talk for "mecanical edit request"
> > > - pray that there is no opponent who would need to split
> > > the operation to take into account his opposition
> > > - pray that a editor will not secede by considering
> > > that the community choice is stupid
> > > - wait for code update for projects
> > > - do the mecanical edit
> > > - inform all project it's done
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Marc

Re: About the diaper key

ebel

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 16:14:59 +0200, Valor Naram wrote:

> the proposal at
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/changing_table has
> been accepted now and I can start with the post-vote process and
> creating a wiki page. The property Key:changing_table success the
> Key:diaper for now but we or at least I have to deal with the question
> "What's going on with the diaper key". The answer seems clear:
> Key:diaper is now superseded by Key:changing_table. While it's the part
> you CAN definetly answer with ease. The second part properly not. "What
> do we do with the POIs having the Key:diaper?"
>
> I am very excited about hearing your ideas since some of you noted that
> just replacing the diaper key and its values with the key and the values
> of the new key can be problematic.

I suggest finding data consumers (people/apps/sites/software which uses
the existing `diaper` tag), and talking to them about supporting the new
`changing_table` tag. Likewise talk to data contributors (editing
software) and talk them into supporting your new scheme.

I really don't think a mechanical edit to change all is a good idea. You
can't rely on all data consumers to read all lists & wiki pages, and you
risk a data consumer re-adding the `diaper` tag.

If no-one's using the `diaper` tag, then why not make or encourage data
consumers to support it?

Rory

Re: About the diaper key

Satoshi IIDA

As my small contribution, switched to changing_table in a baby care proposal page~

2019年6月17日(月) 5:44 Rory <[hidden email]>:
Hi,

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 16:14:59 +0200, Valor Naram wrote:
> the proposal at
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/changing_table has
> been accepted now and I can start with the post-vote process and
> creating a wiki page. The property Key:changing_table success the
> Key:diaper for now but we or at least I have to deal with the question
> "What's going on with the diaper key". The answer seems clear:
> Key:diaper is now superseded by Key:changing_table. While it's the part
> you CAN definetly answer with ease. The second part properly not. "What
> do we do with the POIs having the Key:diaper?"
>
> I am very excited about hearing your ideas since some of you noted that
> just replacing the diaper key and its values with the key and the values
> of the new key can be problematic.

I suggest finding data consumers (people/apps/sites/software which uses
the existing `diaper` tag), and talking to them about supporting the new
`changing_table` tag. Likewise talk to data contributors (editing
software) and talk them into supporting your new scheme.

I really don't think a mechanical edit to change all is a good idea. You
can't rely on all data consumers to read all lists & wiki pages, and you
risk a data consumer re-adding the `diaper` tag.

If no-one's using the `diaper` tag, then why not make or encourage data
consumers to support it?

Rory

Satoshi IIDA
mail: [hidden email]