Activation. floods in Peru

Johnattan Rupire
Hi!
In Peru we are experiencing a difficult time due to the impact that is
causing the floods in the country, especially in the north. This is why
we want to open a task in the Task Manager to call people to the mapping
of areas near Piura.

It would be the first time we have activated an alert of this type here,
Humberto Yances has offered to collaborate with us, so here goes the
thanks and the invitation to other collaborators.

Those who have experience mapping flood events, please also share their
insights, tips or recommendations on how we could get started and how
best to collaborate from the map.

We are looking for contact with the respective authorities here, we hope
to get their attention at some point.

Regards!

Johnattan Rupire

Re: Activation. floods in Peru

hyances@gmail.com
To whom it may concern the coordination is in https://t.me/osmPe (Telegram) a new wiki is on the go.

Para aquellos interesados la coordinación es en https://t.me/osmPe (Telegram) una nueva wiki está en camino.

Thanks,

Humberto Yances

[...]

Wiki is here:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/2017_Floods_in_Peru

Thanks!

El 16/03/17 a las 11:47, [hidden email] escribió:
[...]

Daniel O'Connor
One possible thing that is a little different to some past activations is the availability of gps data via improve-osm.org - it might be worth checking that against flood affected areas to see if it highlights missing roads well.

Additionally, strava's GPS 'slide' tool built into ID may allow some fast/accurate tracing of any missing roads/cloudy imagery.

Obviously neither is going to be 'complete', but may be helpful to quickly target areas to map.

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 9:41 AM, Johnattan Rupire <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

maning sambale
Hi everyone,

Im in Lima at the moment but movement is limited due to the crisis.  I
can do a bit of work but my Spanish is limited.
At least I can help prepare tasks if local community have defined
areas to work on.

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 9:38 AM, Daniel O'Connor
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> One possible thing that is a little different to some past activations is
> the availability of gps data via improve-osm.org - it might be worth
> checking that against flood affected areas to see if it highlights missing
> roads well.
>
> Additionally, strava's GPS 'slide' tool built into ID may allow some
> fast/accurate tracing of any missing roads/cloudy imagery.
>
> For example:
> http://strava.github.io/iD/#background=Bing&map=16.23/-77.23724/-11.13873&overlays=,
>
> Obviously neither is going to be 'complete', but may be helpful to quickly
> target areas to map.
>
> On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 9:41 AM, Johnattan Rupire <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> I wrote to [hidden email] to ask for setup these tasks.
>> thanks!
>>

>> El 16/03/17 a las 12:12, Johnattan Rupire escribió:
>>
>> Wiki is here:
>>
>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/2017_Floods_in_Peru
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> El 16/03/17 a las 11:47, [hidden email] escribió:
>>
>> To whom it may concern the coordination is in https://t.me/osmPe
>> (Telegram) a new wiki is on the go.
>>
>> Para aquellos interesados la coordinación es en https://t.me/osmPe
>> (Telegram) una nueva wiki está en camino.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Humberto Yances

>>> Hi!
>>> In Peru we are experiencing a difficult time due to the impact that is
>>> causing the floods in the country, especially in the north. This is why we
>>> want to open a task in the Task Manager to call people to the mapping of
>>> areas near Piura.
>>>
>>> It would be the first time we have activated an alert of this type here,
>>> Humberto Yances has offered to collaborate with us, so here goes the thanks
>>> and the invitation to other collaborators.
>>>
>>> Those who have experience mapping flood events, please also share their
>>> insights, tips or recommendations on how we could get started and how best
>>> to collaborate from the map.
>>>
>>> We are looking for contact with the respective authorities here, we hope
>>> to get their attention at some point.
>>>
>>> Regards!
>>>
>>> Johnattan Rupire

cheers,
maning

Re: Activation. floods in Peru

Russell Deffner-3
Thanks Maning,

A few of us are in the telegram chat with the local community; I'll be mostly mobile today, so great to have your help if more projects are needed.

=Russ

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> One possible thing that is a little different to some past activations is
> the availability of gps data via improve-osm.org - it might be worth
> checking that against flood affected areas to see if it highlights missing
> roads well.
>
> Additionally, strava's GPS 'slide' tool built into ID may allow some
> fast/accurate tracing of any missing roads/cloudy imagery.
>
> For example:
> http://strava.github.io/iD/#background=Bing&map=16.23/-77.23724/-11.13873&overlays=,
>
> Obviously neither is going to be 'complete', but may be helpful to quickly
> target areas to map.
>
> On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 9:41 AM, Johnattan Rupire <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> I wrote to [hidden email] to ask for setup these tasks.
>> thanks!
>>

>> El 16/03/17 a las 12:12, Johnattan Rupire escribió:
>>
>> Wiki is here:
>>
>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/2017_Floods_in_Peru
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> El 16/03/17 a las 11:47, [hidden email] escribió:
>>
>> To whom it may concern the coordination is in https://t.me/osmPe
>> (Telegram) a new wiki is on the go.
>>
>> Para aquellos interesados la coordinación es en https://t.me/osmPe
>> (Telegram) una nueva wiki está en camino.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Humberto Yances

>>> Hi!
>>> In Peru we are experiencing a difficult time due to the impact that is
>>> causing the floods in the country, especially in the north. This is why we
>>> want to open a task in the Task Manager to call people to the mapping of
>>> areas near Piura.
>>>
>>> It would be the first time we have activated an alert of this type here,
>>> Humberto Yances has offered to collaborate with us, so here goes the thanks
>>> and the invitation to other collaborators.
>>>
>>> Those who have experience mapping flood events, please also share their
>>> insights, tips or recommendations on how we could get started and how best
>>> to collaborate from the map.
>>>
>>> We are looking for contact with the respective authorities here, we hope
>>> to get their attention at some point.
>>>
>>> Regards!
>>>
>>> Johnattan Rupire

cheers,
maning

Re: Activation. floods in Peru

Johnattan Rupire
Hi folk,
we have four geojson to start new tasks, Can some of you help us with
setup these tasks?

Archives are in our telegram channel. I attached here too.

El 18/03/17 a las 13:00, Russell Deffner escribió:

> Thanks Maning,
>
> A few of us are in the telegram chat with the local community; I'll be mostly mobile today, so great to have your help if more projects are needed.
>
> =Russ

cayma.geojson (1K) Download Attachment
yarabamba.geojson (2K) Download Attachment
huarmey2.geojson (1K) Download Attachment
huarmey.geojson (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Activation. floods in Peru

Johnattan Rupire
Here are an archive with polygons for everyone areas afeted by the
floods in coast of Perú. This week we staart some mapping parties to map
it. We have a Coordinadora Nacional de Derechos Humanos as parner to
develop these activities, and they need the maps to colaborate with
mmitigation in these areas.

Can you tell how we have to do to make official this relation? they have
to send us an email? or some documents like this?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3xs7-HKTSUuNXpHTVVoV2F3QmM/view?usp=sharing

El 18/03/17 a las 13:00, Russell Deffner escribió:

> Thanks Maning,
>
> A few of us are in the telegram chat with the local community; I'll be mostly mobile today, so great to have your help if more projects are needed.
>
> =Russ

Re: [activation hotosm] Re: Activation. floods in Peru

maning sambale
Hi everyone,

I can prepare the task in the next couple of hours. Some questions

What specific features to map? Normally, we focus on one or two features ie building + road or other combinations this makes it easy to map and validate.

Which imagery to use? Bing or mapbox or others? We usually use a single imagery source to minimize misalignment issues but if one source is not sufficient we can combine others taking note of their alignment issues and date of capture to help temote mappers understand the quality of imagery.

On Sat, 18 Mar 2017 at 15:41 Johnattan Rupire <[hidden email]> wrote:
Here are an archive with polygons for everyone areas afeted by the
floods in coast of Perú. This week we staart some mapping parties to map
it. We have a Coordinadora Nacional de Derechos Humanos as parner to
develop these activities, and they need the maps to colaborate with
mmitigation in these areas.

Can you tell how we have to do to make official this relation? they have
to send us an email? or some documents like this?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3xs7-HKTSUuNXpHTVVoV2F3QmM/view?usp=sharing

El 18/03/17 a las 13:00, Russell Deffner escribió:
> Thanks Maning,
>
> A few of us are in the telegram chat with the local community; I'll be mostly mobile today, so great to have your help if more projects are needed.
>
> =Russ

Maning Sambale (mobile)

Re: [activation hotosm] Re: Activation. floods in Peru

maning sambale
Thanks blake for making the tasks.  I've did the ES translation using
google translate, let me know if its OK.

--
cheers,
maning

El 18/03/17 a las 20:40, maning sambale escribió:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I can prepare the task in the next couple of hours. Some questions
>
> What specific features to map? Normally, we focus on one or two
> features ie building + road or other combinations this makes it easy
> to map and validate.

waterways
road network
Settlements
buildings

> Which imagery to use? Bing or mapbox or others? We usually use a
> single imagery source to minimize misalignment issues but if one
> source is not sufficient we can combine others taking note of their
> alignment issues and date of capture to help temote mappers understand
> the quality of imagery.

In some places Bing is better than Mapbox, in others it's the other way...

than you!

Re: [activation hotosm] Re: Activation. floods in Peru

Blake Girardot
Hi Johnattan,

Did you want HOT to ask the larger HOT community to help map or are
you handling most of the mapping with the local osm-pe community?

Respectfully,
blake

On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 5:15 AM, Johnattan Rupire <[hidden email]> wrote:

> El 18/03/17 a las 20:40, maning sambale escribió:
>>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I can prepare the task in the next couple of hours. Some questions
>>
>> What specific features to map? Normally, we focus on one or two features
>> ie building + road or other combinations this makes it easy to map and
>> validate.
>

> waterways
> road network
> Settlements
> buildings
>

>> Which imagery to use? Bing or mapbox or others? We usually use a single
>> imagery source to minimize misalignment issues but if one source is not
>> sufficient we can combine others taking note of their alignment issues and
>> date of capture to help temote mappers understand the quality of imagery.
>

> In some places Bing is better than Mapbox, in others it's the other way...
>
> than you!

> https://groups.google.com/a/hotosm.org/d/msgid/activation/12e299a3-09c3-ef37-5207-d622dfc2a0ed%40riseup.net.

Blake Girardot
skype: jblakegirardot
Live OSM Mapper-Support channel - https://hotosm-slack.herokuapp.com/
Next best OSM support - https://help.openstreetmap.org/
BE A PART OF HOT'S MICRO GRANTS: https://donate.hotosm.org/

Re: [activation hotosm] Re: Activation. floods in Peru

Johnattan Rupire

yes, of course, please do it, we are few people here, help of hot
community would be nice.

Johnattan