Adding an image to the map

Sebastian Janisch-2
Hey,

I am trying to add a construction-site image to a map.

The approach I chose was to create modal tool and a class that extends AbstractDrawCommand and having it's run method use the ViewportGraphics instance draw the image.

The thing is, the image gets drawn upon a mouse click. When I click again instead of getting another
image it removes the old one and draws a new image.

I think it's not the way to go. I need to have those images persist so when I open uDig again they show up again.

Ideally these construction sites should be stored in a PostGIS database as points and then displayed as those little images.

So, how would I implement such a thing?

Thank you & best regards,

Sebastian

Re: Adding an image to the map

Jody Garnett-2
uDig is able to draw directly from postgis; you can arrange for your layer style to draw an image at each construction site location.

Jody