Advice needed for mapping traffic restrictions

Advice needed for mapping traffic restrictions

Sebastian Arcus-2
I'm not really sure how to map the traffic restrictions on a short
section of Upper Northgate Street in the following section of the map:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/8087537#map=19/53.19463/-2.89291

The section in question is between the junction with Delamere Street and
George Street/Canal Street. The situation for this particular section is
as follows:

1. Going north all traffic is allowed.
2. Going south, only bicycles and buses are allowed.

Would the only way to achieve the above be to split it into northbound
and southbound lanes and apply restrictions separately? I only noticed
it because the navigation software I use (based on OSM) tried to take me
southbound on that section - so I made myself a note to try and amend
things on OSM - if possible :-)

Further south on Upper Northgate Street, after the juction with George
Street/Canal Street, things get even more complicated as it is "No
vehicles except cycles and for access - Mon-Sat - 8am-6pm" - jeez - I'm
not even going to attempt to add that one to OSM :-)

Many thanks for any suggestions

Re: Advice needed for mapping traffic restrictions

Michael Heißmeier-2
For your particular case you might also want to look at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:oneway#Sub_keys_.2F_exceptions
which deals with the situation that bicycles are exempt from the oneway rule.

You might want to designate the street oneway northbound and add oneway:bicycle=no and oneway:bus=no. I do however not know to what an extent these keys are evaluated by routing engines - give it a try.

Regards

Michael

--
Michael
(osm:michael63)

Re: Advice needed for mapping traffic restrictions

Sebastian Arcus-2
Thank you both Michael and ianmac. Some good suggestions in your replies
and the included links. I think I just about got my head around how this
should be done.