Am I doing this right?

Tim Waugh
I hope I'm doing this right.  After I upload the GPS traces I've been
adding in roads using the Java applet on the web site, rather than
using the osm-editor application from subversion.

The reason I'm not using osm-editor is that I can't get it to
work. :-)  I can build it (on Fedora Core 4) using:

make QTINCPATH=/usr/lib/qt-3.3/include \
     QTLIBPATH=-L/usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib \
     QTLIB=-lqt-mt

but it crashes whenever I try to edit/add a waypoint. (Actually I find
the Java applet from the web easier to use..)

I've been naming roads by picking an appropriate line between two
nodes and naming that.  Is that right?

Here's what I've been playing with:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit/edit-map.html?lat=51.2370884242176&lon=-0.587012109140741&scale=4.4444444e-05

(not many roads yet because I'm on foot..)

Tim.
*/

Re: Am I doing this right?

Nick Whitelegg

> but it crashes whenever I try to edit/add a waypoint. (Actually I find
> the Java applet from the web easier to use..)

Thanks for the bug report :-) It's now corrected: it appeared to be due to an
uninitialised (null) QString in the XML parser.
I've also added a new feature: you can now add waypoints even if no tracks are
present.

Nick