Announcing: OpenStreetCam competition

Martijn van Exel-3
Hi folks,

We (Telenav map team) are holding an OpenStreetCam image capture competition. In case you're not familiar, OpenStreetCam is an open source / open data street level imagery collection platform for OSM. It is widely used to help improve OSM (through iD and JOSM) but there is not a lot of coverage in Australia yet. So with this competition we’re hoping to start to change that.

The TL;DR is: collect as many OSC images as you can between now and Jan 31, the top 3 contributors get $100 / $25 Amazon gift cards!

Happy mapping / capturing!
Martijn

PS in case you’re in NZ, we have a separate competition staring there as well, https://github.com/openstreetcam/competitions/wiki/New-Zealand-Competition-Dec-2018

Re: Announcing: OpenStreetCam competition

Martijn van Exel-3
Folks,

We added an additional holiday prize for the 2 mappers who collect the most imagery before Christmas.
Details added on the competition page! You need 25k points minimum to be eligible for this prize, but since coverage is very low in Australia,  you collect points very quickly.

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy mapping / capturing,
--
  Martijn van Exel

On Fri, Dec 7, 2018, at 11:53, Martijn van Exel wrote:
Hi folks,

We (Telenav map team) are holding an OpenStreetCam image capture competition. In case you're not familiar, OpenStreetCam is an open source / open data street level imagery collection platform for OSM. It is widely used to help improve OSM (through iD and JOSM) but there is not a lot of coverage in Australia yet. So with this competition we’re hoping to start to change that.

The TL;DR is: collect as many OSC images as you can between now and Jan 31, the top 3 contributors get $100 / $25 Amazon gift cards!

Happy mapping / capturing!
Martijn

PS in case you’re in NZ, we have a separate competition staring there as well, https://github.com/openstreetcam/competitions/wiki/New-Zealand-Competition-Dec-2018

Re: Announcing: OpenStreetCam competition

Martijn van Exel-3
Hi all,

We have the results for the most prolific OpenStreetCam contributors for Australia for the period Dec 1 - Dec 24:

********************************
#1 ---> robbie-bloggs with 127971 points
#2 ---> steve91 with 65470 points
********************************

Congratulations to you both, you have just won yourselves an $25 Amazon gift card! Please get in touch with me so I can arrange (virtual) delivery.

It's not over yet though. This was just the holiday mid point of the competition. At the end of January there will be three more prizes ($100 / $25 / $25) for the overall top contributors for the months of December and January.

If you haven't started capturing yet, no worries. New, not yet covered roads get you 10x points. That adds up pretty quickly. For example, this 20km trip is worth more than 6000 points: https://openstreetcam.org/details/1318295/0/track-info

Best,
--
  Martijn van Exel

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018, at 12:33, Martijn van Exel wrote:
[...]

I am not sure if user robbie-blogs is reading on this list -- if you are, please get in touch to get your gift card.

For all others, the competition is still ongoing and you have until Jan 31 to make your way into the top 3 contributors over the months of December 2018 and January 2019 and win a $25 or $100 gift card.

Some stats so far: we started at 126 752 images in Australia on Dec 1, now we are at 330 648 covering 8882 km of which 6293 unique.

Happy mapping / capturing :)
--
  Martijn van Exel