Another RSS feed

stevec-4
This time of recently edited nodes near your location, eg:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/feeds/nodes.rss?latitude=51.526447&longitude=-0.14746371

Currently it shows you things within a box .01 degrees each side of the
point, so the physical area of the box changes with latitude.

Comments again welcome.

Linking to the rss for that location from the viewing page will be a
good idea...

have fun,

SteveC [hidden email] http://www.fractalus.com/steve/

Re: Another RSS feed

Petter Reinholdtsen
[Steve Coast]
> Comments again welcome.

Are these RSS feeds dokumented in the Wiki?

Re: Re: Another RSS feed

Tom Carden
Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Steve Coast]
>
>>Comments again welcome.

Is this one quite quick to generate?  What with it being personalised, I
suppose there's an upper limit on how many it can handle?

We should also make a function which can draw a bounding box on the map,
so that people have an idea what area they've covered.  Or make the rss
feed use scale too, and get the bounding box from the current view.

> Are these RSS feeds dokumented in the Wiki?

http://www.openstreetmap.org/wiki/index.php/Feeds

Tom.

Re: Re: Another RSS feed

stevec-4
* @ 08/07/05 09:13:33 AM [hidden email] wrote:
> [Steve Coast]
> > Comments again welcome.
>
> Are these RSS feeds dokumented in the Wiki?

yes. see Feeds

* @ 08/07/05 10:13:25 AM [hidden email] wrote:
> Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> >[Steve Coast]
> >
> >>Comments again welcome.
> >

> Is this one quite quick to generate?

Yeah, somewhat under a second. Rather than 40.

> What with it being personalised, I
> suppose there's an upper limit on how many it can handle?

My thoughts were 'if it leads to extreme load then look at it'.

> We should also make a function which can draw a bounding box on the map,
> so that people have an idea what area they've covered.  Or make the rss
> feed use scale too, and get the bounding box from the current view.

Its fairly easy to do that by getting the upper left / lower right
things out of open map and passing them to the rss script. My trouble is
I'm rewriting everything in ruby and don't want to add features to the
jsp when it will disappear anyway.