Any examples for routing with DEM data ? Anyone ?

Any examples for routing with DEM data ? Anyone ?

franco_bez
happy GNU year !
now that we have the possibility to build maps with dem-data I wanted to
find out how the Oregon makes use of this data for routing.

I tried very hard to find an example where the Oregon would calculate a
different route for "minimal ascent" and  "minimal distance".
I did not succeed :-(
I tried routing with several modes (bicycle, mountain bike, tour-cycling);
I just cannot find any prove that the Oregon considers the dem-data at all
:-(

Can anyone give me an example route that shows a difference between routing
"minimal ascent" or  "minimal distance" ?

Ciao,
  Franco

Re: Any examples for routing with DEM data ? Anyone ?

franco_bez
I had a discussion on the Garmin Forum about this topic.

It seems that DEM data is never used for routing on the Oregon.

"minimal ascent" will only work together with commercial Topo-Pro maps.

Most likely they contain additional information.

thread on Garmin Forum
<https://forum.garmin.de/showthread.php?76507-Funktioniert-die-Routingmethode-quot-geringer-Anstieg-quot-%FCberhaupt/>