Any suggestions on how to handle these errors?

Any suggestions on how to handle these errors?

Jack Armstrong Dancer@sprynet.com
While chasing down some OSM Inspector-tagged errors, I found this. Any suggestions on how to handle so many mapping mistakes? Simply revert the changesets giving someone else the chance at a fresh start at a later date?

Of course, I could contact the creator, but it looks like this mapper created a few changesets and then lost interest months ago. My experience is that he/she would not be keen to clean it up.

Opinions?

https://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?way=589091276#map=18/9.96056/-84.14977

Re: Any suggestions on how to handle these errors?

Mateusz Konieczny-3
Are geometries acceptable? Because adding building=yes to all of the is really easy
(at least in JOSM) but it is hard to say for me whatever geometries are good enough to keep them.

Dec 2, 2018, 7:53 PM by [hidden email]:
While chasing down some OSM Inspector-tagged errors, I found this. Any suggestions on how to handle so many mapping mistakes? Simply revert the changesets giving someone else the chance at a fresh start at a later date?

Of course, I could contact the creator, but it looks like this mapper created a few changesets and then lost interest months ago. My experience is that he/she would not be keen to clean it up.

Opinions?

Re: Any suggestions on how to handle these errors?

Jack Armstrong Dancer@sprynet.com
Mateusz, I'm not very good with JOSM. I rarely use it. If it is easy, are you able to this? :)

> Are geometries acceptable? Because adding building=yes to all of the is really easy
Are geometries acceptable? Because adding building=yes to all of the is really easy
(at least in JOSM) but it is hard to say for me whatever geometries are good enough to keep them.

Dec 2, 2018, 7:53 PM by [hidden email]:
While chasing down some OSM Inspector-tagged errors, I found this. Any suggestions on how to handle so many mapping mistakes? Simply revert the changesets giving someone else the chance at a fresh start at a later date?

Of course, I could contact the creator, but it looks like this mapper created a few changesets and then lost interest months ago. My experience is that he/she would not be keen to clean it up.

Opinions?

www.theaveragenomad.com

Re: Any suggestions on how to handle these errors?

Clifford Snow
I sent a message to the Costa Rica OSM Community. They are active on Telegram. Maybe someone there could help.

On Sun, Dec 2, 2018 at 10:54 AM Jack Armstrong [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
While chasing down some OSM Inspector-tagged errors, I found this. Any suggestions on how to handle so many mapping mistakes? Simply revert the changesets giving someone else the chance at a fresh start at a later date?

Of course, I could contact the creator, but it looks like this mapper created a few changesets and then lost interest months ago. My experience is that he/she would not be keen to clean it up.

Opinions?

https://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?way=589091276#map=18/9.96056/-84.14977

@osm_seattle
OpenStreetMap: Maps with a human touch

Re: Any suggestions on how to handle these errors?

SelfishSeahorse
Hi

I've added the missing building=yes tags, closed some unclosed
building ways and deleted some duplicate nodes. However, i've found a
lot of other problems, including:

- A lot of buildings (especially around
https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/9.96332/-84.14667) that don't
match at all with what i see on the aerial imagery. (See Esri, which
seems to have the best imagery.) I'd suggest to delete and redraw
them.
- Buildings glued to highways
- Highways running through buildings
- Overlapping buildings