Any tablet digitisers pens work with OSM?

Any tablet digitisers pens work with OSM?

Phil Wyatt

Just getting into some serious digitising and wondered (as a complete newbie) if in any of the editors will work with a digitising pen / tablet like a Wacom?

Might just save me from getting RSI from all the mouse clicking!

Cheers - Phil

Kiva Lender, Thin Green Line Supporter, Volunteer Mapper - Red Cross, Wildcare Volunteer

Re: Any tablet digitisers pens work with OSM?

Dan S
Hi -

YES absolutely. I personally use a Wacom Bamboo all the time and it's
SO much easier :)

In JOSM it just works absolutely fine. In iD sometimes it doesn't
detect clicks (because when you're using a pen-tablet, your hand
naturally wavers a little rather than staying perfectly still) but I
can get round that by using my laptop's click when needed.

Best
Dan

> Just getting into some serious digitising and wondered (as a complete
> newbie) if in any of the editors will work with a digitising pen / tablet
> like a Wacom?
>

> Might just save me from getting RSI from all the mouse clicking!
>

> Cheers - Phil
>

> Kiva Lender, Thin Green Line Supporter, Volunteer Mapper - Red Cross,
> Wildcare Volunteer

Re: Any tablet digitisers pens work with OSM?

Phil Wyatt
Thank you - I can feel a purchase coming in the next few weeks!