Arboretum - how to tag?

Warin
Hi

I have an arboretum, Way: Arboretum (628753725), that is part of a
nature reserve and within a tree covered area. I assume that there is
more than one species of tree.

How to correctly tag it?

At the moment it has

landuse=yes (what brought it to my attention)

name=Arboretum

Clearly both these tags are incorrect.
I have confirmed that it is anarboretum so at least that bit is true.

Re: Arboretum - how to tag?

Tobias Zwick
Well, an Arboretum is a "botanical tree garden", is it not? So why not
leisure=garden (+ maybe additional tags, see wiki article)?

On 10. Oct 2018, at 15:10, Tobias Zwick <[hidden email]> wrote:

Well, an Arboretum is a "botanical tree garden", is it not? So why not
leisure=garden (+ maybe additional tags, see wiki article)?

if it is seen as garden, I would use garden:type=arboretum
From actual usage, the only tag in use is arboretum=yes 38 times

Cheers, Martin

Re: Arboretum - how to tag?

On 10. Oct 2018, at 15:10, Tobias Zwick <[hidden email]> wrote:

Well, an Arboretum is a "botanical tree garden", is it not? So why not
leisure=garden (+ maybe additional tags, see wiki article)?

if it is seen as garden, I would use garden:type=arboretum
From actual usage, the only tag in use is arboretum=yes 38 times

The use of that is confined to a small area.

There is also use of landuse=arboretum.

So I might just use both;

landuse=arboretum
leisure=garden