ArcSDE

Shaun Kolomeitz
ArcSDE

Dear fellow uDIG Users,

I am trying to connect to ArcSDE 9.2/Oracle and am able to successfully connect from GeoServer, but not from uDIG.

The error message indicates that “connection parameters invalid” and yet I can connect and view data in GeoServer using the same parameters ???

Is there a way to bring up a debug window to see what might be going wrong ???

Many thanks,

Shaun

As of 26 March 2009 the Department of Natural Resources and Water/Environmental Protection Agency integrated to form the Department of Environment and Resource Management

Think B4U Print

1 ream of paper = 6% of a tree and 5.4kg CO2 in the atmosphere

3 sheets of A4 paper = 1 litre of water

Re: ArcSDE

Mauricio Pazos
Hello Shaun
On Thursday 29 October 2009 04:15:53 am Shaun Kolomeitz wrote:
> Dear fellow uDIG Users,
>
> I am trying to connect to ArcSDE 9.2/Oracle and am able to successfully
> connect from GeoServer, but not from uDIG.
> The error message indicates that "connection parameters invalid" and yet
> I can connect and view data in GeoServer using the same parameters ???
>
> Is there a way to bring up a debug window to see what might be going
> wrong ???
Try

udig -consoleLog

if you launch this command from terminal window, you will see the message.
Also, these messages are in the udig workspace .metadata/.log

> Many thanks,
>
> Shaun

cheers

> As of 26 March 2009 the Department of Natural Resources and
> Water/Environmental Protection Agency integrated to form the Department of
> Environment and Resource Management
>
> +----------------------------------------------------------------+
> Think B4U Print
> 1 ream of paper = 6% of a tree and 5.4kg CO2 in the atmosphere
> 3 sheets of A4 paper = 1 litre of water

Re: ArcSDE

Shaun Kolomeitz
Re: ArcSDE

Thanks Mauricio,

Hopefully the logfile contents will help shed some light on the problem ???

Not knowing much about Java, all I can guess is it has something to do with the UnicodeDecompressor ?

Regards,

Shaun

INFO: Created pool org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericObjectPool@54cbb9

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/icu/text/UnicodeDecompressor

        at com.esri.sde.sdk.client.s$a_.p(Unknown Source)

        at com.esri.sde.sdk.client.s$a_.g(Unknown Source)

        at com.esri.sde.sdk.client.SeLayer.h(Unknown Source)

        at com.esri.sde.sdk.client.SeLayer.g(Unknown Source)

        at com.esri.sde.sdk.client.SeLayer.f(Unknown Source)

        at com.esri.sde.sdk.client.SeLayer.e(Unknown Source)

        at com.esri.sde.sdk.client.s.a(Unknown Source)

        at com.esri.sde.sdk.client.b.a(Unknown Source)

        at com.esri.sde.sdk.client.SeConnection.getLayers(Unknown Source)

        at org.geotools.data.arcsde.PooledConnection.getLayers(PooledConnection.java:132)

        at org.geotools.data.arcsde.ArcSDEConnectionPool.getAvailableLayerNames(ArcSDEConnectionPool.java:372)

        at org.geotools.data.arcsde.ArcSDEDataStore.getTypeNames(ArcSDEDataStore.java:137)

        at net.refractions.udig.catalog.internal.arcsde.ArcServiceImpl.resources(Unknown Source)

        at net.refractions.udig.catalog.ui.workflow.EndConnectionState.run(Unknown Source)

        at net.refractions.udig.catalog.ui.workflow.Workflow.next(Unknown Source)

        at net.refractions.udig.catalog.ui.workflow.WorkflowWizardDialog$1.run(Unknown Source)

        at net.refractions.udig.catalog.ui.workflow.WorkflowWizardDialog$2.run(Unknown Source)

        at net.refractions.udig.ui.PlatformGIS$1.call(Unknown Source)

        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)

        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.icu.text.UnicodeDecompressor

        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:429)

        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:369)

        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:357)

        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:83)

        ... 23 more

Message: 1

Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 08:55:31 +0100

From: Mauricio Pazos <[hidden email]>

Subject: Re: [udig-users] ArcSDE

To: [hidden email]

Cc: Shaun Kolomeitz <[hidden email]>

Hello Shaun

On Thursday 29 October 2009 04:15:53 am Shaun Kolomeitz wrote:

> Dear fellow uDIG Users,

> I am trying to connect to ArcSDE 9.2/Oracle and am able to

> successfully connect from GeoServer, but not from uDIG.

> The error message indicates that "connection parameters invalid" and

> yet I can connect and view data in GeoServer using the same parameters ???

> Is there a way to bring up a debug window to see what might be going

> wrong ???

Try

udig -consoleLog

if you launch this command from terminal window, you will see the message.

Also, these messages are in the udig workspace .metadata/.log

> Many thanks,

> Shaun

cheers

--

Mauricio Pazos

www.axios.es

Re: ArcSDE

Jody Garnett-2
Hi Shaun:

There is a preference page where you need to supply the ESRI jars from your organisation (we cannot distribute ESRI jars). I see that you have already found the stack trace. The wizard should not of let you try to connect until these jars were supplied!

Mark can I grab your ArcSDE instance tomorrow to confirm this is working?

Jody

On 29/10/2009, at 2:15 PM, Shaun Kolomeitz wrote:

Dear fellow uDIG Users,

I am trying to connect to ArcSDE 9.2/Oracle and am able to successfully connect from GeoServer, but not from uDIG.

The error message indicates that “connection parameters invalid” and yet I can connect and view data in GeoServer using the same parameters ???

Is there a way to bring up a debug window to see what might be going wrong ???

Many thanks,

Shaun

As of 26 March 2009 the Department of Natural Resources and Water/Environmental Protection Agency integrated to form the Department of Environment and Resource Management

Think B4U Print

1 ream of paper = 6% of a tree and 5.4kg CO2 in the atmosphere

3 sheets of A4 paper = 1 litre of water

Re: ArcSDE

Mark Leslie-2-2
Jody Garnett wrote:
> Hi Shaun:
>
> There is a preference page where you need to supply the ESRI jars from
> your organisation (we cannot distribute ESRI jars). I see that you have
> already found the stack trace. The wizard should not of let you try to
> connect until these jars were supplied!
>
> Mark can I grab your ArcSDE instance tomorrow to confirm this is working?

Sure, just prod me in the morning and I'll get it again for you.

Re: ArcSDE

xseoer
Why not change the OS to test ?

Re: ArcSDE

jingziyoxi
Why not change the operating system's test?

GHD MK4 BlackCHI   Pink Dazzle GHD IV Purple Straighteners

Re: ArcSDE

jingziyoxi