Quantcast

Attendance at Traffex NEC 4-6 April

Brian Prangle-2
Hi All

Would anyone be willing to help staff a stand here, for any number of days? We have an opportunity generated by our  collaboration in the West Midlands which unfortunately I can't attend due to holidays. It will be a great opportunity to make some industry contacts and promote OpenStreetMap.

Traffex is billed as where the road traffic and industry come together.

DEFT153 Ltd aligned with ODIBirmingham and Innovation Engine  is delivering the design and operation of the Data Discovery Centre; funded supported by West Midlands Combined Authority (confirmed) and hopefully also Amey (in discussion). The stand will be branded hopefully as Data Discovery Centre. We work with all these organisations  and hope to be part of the Discovery Centre when it's launched

It's a follow on / next step from #Brumdatahack, where we won a prize for our visualisation of HS2 projected HGV traffic flows

Other participants on the stand

  • Birmingham in Real Time,
  • DISC project (lego of the Curzon street area)
  • Transport for West Midlands,
  • West Mids Fire Service
  • Andy Radford  BirminghamCity Council
  • Tom Forth / Birmingham Bus Tracker / Little Car Counter from #HighwaysHack / Air quality stuff from #AirHack
  • SETA mobility project
  • HS2
  • Hoping also Highways England
  • Hoping DfT too (Nic Cary)

DEFT 153 are also  drafting a presentation for London Boroughs Technical Advisers Group about co-operation with OpenStreetMap in highways asset management

Regards

Brian