BeeGIS FormEditor: Using external files as dictionaries in ComboBox

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

BeeGIS FormEditor: Using external files as dictionaries in ComboBox

Marco Foi
This question is for Andrea Antonello but if someone else knows the answer.. ..is welcome!

First: I am finally going through the FormEditor feature of GeeGIS and I have to say it's really wonderful!!
Really many thanks to Andrea: a great job indeed!

The question: I cannot find the proper way to format the external file so that its values are considered valid.
My current file content is something like this:

rosso,red
verde,green
blu,blue
rosa,pink

And I specify a comma as the separator and as 'attribute value column' the value 2 (I want english colours to be saved in datastore).
This seems to be wrong.

More: what does the checkbox "link file" does?
I assume is a way to read values at each form load or to store them in the form's xml and then forget about the external file (kind of an 'import').. ..is this its purpose?


Marco

_______________________________________________
udig-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.refractions.net/mailman/listinfo/udig-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: BeeGIS FormEditor: Using external files as dictionaries in ComboBox

Andrea Antonello
Hi Marco,

> First: I am finally going through the FormEditor feature of GeeGIS and I
> have to say it's really wonderful!!
> Really many thanks to Andrea: a great job indeed!

what about improving it in next years sommer of code? :P

> The question: I cannot find the proper way to format the external file so
> that its values are considered valid.
> My current file content is something like this:
>
> rosso,red
> verde,green
> blu,blue
> rosa,pink

That look indeed right, I am using someting like:
0, LINEA
1, SALTO
2, VERTICE
3, ALLACCIAMENTO
4, SCOLMATORE
which is the same.
Basically each csv file works.

> And I specify a comma as the separator and as 'attribute value column' the
> value 2 (I want english colours to be saved in datastore).
> This seems to be wrong.

I am not sure right now from memory, could it be that it starts from
0, which would mean 1 instead of 2?

> More: what does the checkbox "link file" does?
> I assume is a way to read values at each form load or to store them in the
> form's xml and then forget about the external file (kind of an 'import')..
> ..is this its purpose?

Yes, the csv content is copied inside the xml, so you will not need
the csv file any more. If you just link the file, then you will always
need to have the file in the same relative path.

Cheers,
Andrea



>
>
> Marco
>
> _______________________________________________
> udig-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.refractions.net/mailman/listinfo/udig-users
>
_______________________________________________
udig-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.refractions.net/mailman/listinfo/udig-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: BeeGIS FormEditor: Using external files as dictionaries in ComboBox

Marco Foi
In reply to this post by Marco Foi



Dear Andrea: can you provide me a such file for testing?

Despite the task seems absolutely trivial.. .. I cannot get through it!
Whatever I do with the external .txt file, the Form Editor doesn't get saved: both Save and SaveAll buttons simply do nothing. They remain coloured and an asterisks stands in the Form Editor tab to remind that something is still not saved.

The last point I have not tested is a MAC or LINUX text file which should have different line feeds.


Thanks Marco



That look indeed right, I am using someting like:
0, LINEA
1, SALTO
2, VERTICE
3, ALLACCIAMENTO
4, SCOLMATORE
which is the same.
Basically each csv file works.

> And I specify a comma as the separator and as 'attribute value column' the
> value 2 (I want english colours to be saved in datastore).
> This seems to be wrong.

I am not sure right now from memory, could it be that it starts from
0, which would mean 1 instead of 2?

> More: what does the checkbox "link file" does?
> I assume is a way to read values at each form load or to store them in the
> form's xml and then forget about the external file (kind of an 'import')..
> ..is this its purpose?

Yes, the csv content is copied inside the xml, so you will not need
the csv file any more. If you just link the file, then you will always
need to have the file in the same relative path.

Cheers,
Andrea



>
>
> Marco
>
> _______________________________________________
> udig-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.refractions.net/mailman/listinfo/udig-users
>


_______________________________________________
udig-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.refractions.net/mailman/listinfo/udig-users



_______________________________________________
udig-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.refractions.net/mailman/listinfo/udig-users