Best practice in Singpost Editing

Horea Meleg

Hello all,

Me and my Telenav colleagues are editing Signposts in Detroit area. We were wondering which would be the complete information in this case, when a secondary(primary) road and a motorway_link intersect - should a motorway_junction tag be added?

42.482377, -83.259498

Thank you,

Horea

Re: Best practice in Singpost Editing

Minh Nguyen-2
On 17/07/2017 02:13, Horea Meleg wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Me and my Telenav colleagues are editing Signposts in Detroit area. We
> were wondering which would be the complete information in this case,
> when a secondary(primary) road and a motorway_link intersect - should a
> motorway_junction tag be added?
>
> 42.482377, -83.259498

I assume you're referring to
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/61863741>. This node should not be
tagged highway=motorway_junction, because the motorway_link in this case
is an on-ramp (motorway entrance). highway=motorway_junction is only
used at the beginning of an off-ramp (exit) -- that is, a link way that
leads away from the motorway.

However, it is a good idea to add destination and destination:ref tags
based on any signage you see near the beginning of this ramp. Navigation
software needs these tags to be used with on-ramps and off-ramps alike.