Big Blue Something in Colombia

malenki
In this¹ region a big patch of land is flooded. Though I repaired a
really messed up river in the west of it the and some other minor stuff
in that region the tiles remain blue.
Could someone more experienced have a look, please?

Regards
malenki

¹ http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=6.749&lon=-73.928&zoom=10

Re: Big Blue Something in Colombia

Debucquoi Sébastien-3
Hola,

Have a little look in talk-co,

Someone call David repair the error, a way with costline attibute.
We need to wait now.

Bastien

bastien wrote:

>Have a little look in talk-co,

Thanks for the hint, but my knowledge of Spanish consists of three to
five words. ;)

>Someone call David repair the error, a way with costline attibute.

Maybe thats why I couldn't find a possibly guilty coastlines at the
region underwater.

>We need to wait now.

One more¹ reason to reprocess the coastline shapefile.

Regards
malenki

¹ http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=41.145&lon=66.528&zoom=9&layers=M

Re: Big Blue Something in Colombia

David Groom

That would be me :)

> Maybe thats why I couldn't find a possibly guilty coastlines at the
> region underwater.
>
>>We need to wait now.
>
> One more¹ reason to reprocess the coastline shapefile.

I've been doing a lot of tidying up coastline data throughout the world in
the last month, and although I'm pretty sure that I have not created any
further errors, some of the areas which needed tidying were quite complex,
and an error or two may have crept in.

I thought I'd wait till the next set of the coastline error checker files
[1] which should be next week, check if there are no major problems, and
then suggest to the sys admins that the coastline shapefiles be updated.

It would be a pity to update the shapefiles now to fix the issue in
Colombia, only for issues to appear elsewhere on the map.

If I had the bandwidth I'd download the planet file and produce the error
checker files myself, but I'm afraid its not really practical for me to do
that.

Regards

David

[1] http://metro.teczno.com/#coastline

David Groom wrote:

>I thought I'd wait till the next set of the coastline error checker
>files [1] which should be next week, check if there are no major
>problems, and then suggest to the sys admins that the coastline
>shapefiles be updated.

Looking (e.g.) at
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=6.749&lon=-73.928&zoom=10 and
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=41.145&lon=66.528&zoom=9&layers=M
it seems someone has done so last night.