Birthplace of artist - how to map with Wikidata?

Birthplace of artist - how to map with Wikidata?

Frederik Ramm
Hi,

I passed a building today that had a plaque saying that a famous writer
was born there ("on the first floor of this house") in 1901.

I could add a note to the building in OSM (but that would not be machine
readable), or I could add a separate object for the plaque, again with a
note tag. But I think that this particular information is perhaps a bit
too much for OSM. Perhaps it would be better to model this in Wikidata.

But how? The building itself is nothing of note. I guess that if I
wanted to express "person P was born in building B" in Wikidata, I would
have to create a representation of B in Wikidata, and could *then* link
to B in Wikidata from the OSM building. But this item representing B in
wikidata would be totally featureless (linked FROM osm, and linked FROM
from the author's entry, but not itself linking anywhere, nor having any
properties other than "is a building"). Is that even possible, or would
it quickly be deleted in wikidata as not making sense on its own?

Bye
Frederik

Re: Birthplace of artist - how to map with Wikidata?

James-2
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:memorial%3Dplaque

historic=memorial
memorial=plaque
name=[what ever the plaque says]

--
Frederik Ramm  ##  eMail [hidden email]  ##  N49°00'09" E008°23'33"

Re: Birthplace of artist - how to map with Wikidata?

Imre Samu
> ... I wanted to express "person P was born in building B" in Wikidata,

imho: my proposal for example for "Haydn's birthplace"

one tag for a memorial
historic=memorial
memorial=plaque
name=.....
subject:wikidata=Q7349    ( https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q7349  Joseph Haydn )  it is an extra;  but useful for some programs.

and another tag for the building.
building=....
wikidata=Q1375165           ( https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q1375165 Haydn's birthplace )

--------------

"building where someone was deemed to be born, not a hospital. Add this in P31 in addition to properties about the architecture or function of the building. If it's the actual place of birth of the person, add the house in P19 of the person's item"

searching for examples  ( instances of Q19979289 )   with "wdtaxonomy -i Q19979289"   [1]    for creating similar wikidata items
 -Haydn's birthplace (Q1375165)
 -birthplace of Franz Liszt (Q1445881)
 -birth house of Jean-François Millet (Q3280233)
 -birth house of Joan of Arc (Q3280236)     ( https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/161619115 )
 -birthplace of Leonardo da Vinci (Q3280239)
 -birthhouse of Victor Hugo (Q3280244)
 -Mozart's birthplace (Q3327039)       ( https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/265024462 )
 -birthplace of Ronald Reagan (Q4917087)
 -Bashō's birth house (Q11614939)
 -birth house of Bedřich Smetana (Q12049583)
 -birthplace of Adlai E. Stevenson II (Q14681610)
 -birth house of Blas de Lezo (Q20492856)
 -birth house of Franz Schubert (Q28653671)
 -birth house of Antonín Dvořák (Q29018403)
 -Bob Marley birthplace in Nine Mile (Q61745553)
- ....

Imre