Blackwall Tunnel

Philip Barnes
This may be a question for OSRM but I thought I would start locally.

A problem, i have come across after a new mapper tried to fix it, is
that OSRM will not route through the southbound tunnel.

http://map.project-osrm.org/debug/#17.52/51.51198/-0.00679

I cannot spot any problem with the mapping, the debug map shows the
entire network with pink edges which I think means a routing island but
cannot find any documentation of the meaning.

There does not appear to be any significant difference between the
tagging of the northbound, which works.

Mapzen does not have a problem.

Thanks
Phil (trigpoint)

Re: Blackwall Tunnel

Philip Barnes
Thank you Franz

I will try adding an access=yes tag.

Phil (trigpoint)

--
Sent from my Jolla

Re: Blackwall Tunnel

Adam Snape
Also this barrier http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/88830172

Regards,

Adam

--
Sent from my Jolla

Re: Blackwall Tunnel

Philip Barnes
Thank you Adam, I can't even guess what that one is.

Phil (trigpoint)

On Wednesday, 8 March 2017, Adam Snape wrote:

> Also this barrier http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/88830172
>
> Regards,
>
> Adam
>
> On 8 March 2017 at 21:51, Philip Barnes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Thank you Franz
> >
> > I will try adding an access=yes tag.
> >
> > Phil (trigpoint)
> >
> > On Wednesday, 8 March 2017, Franz v. Gordon wrote:
> > > Hello Phil,
> > >
> > > I found this barrier=flood_gate [1] at the exit of the southbound
> > > tunnel, which may be an unknown barrier with no access for anyone. Mabe
> > > an access=yes may help here.
> > >
> > > [1] https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/4062586422
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Franz (OSM:FvGordon)
> > >

> > --
> > Sent from my Jolla

Sent from my Jolla

Re: Blackwall Tunnel

Michael Booth
Seems to be missing from OSRM's list of barrier features that cars can
be routed through:
https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-backend/blob/c2727f202975414ffdaf9bfb8a4dd54615bcb9d0/features/car/barrier.feature

Might be worth opening an issue on their github about the problem.

On 08/03/2017 22:08, Philip Barnes wrote:

> Thank you Adam, I can't even guess what that one is.
>
> Phil (trigpoint)
>
> On Wednesday, 8 March 2017, Adam Snape wrote:
>> Also this barrier http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/88830172
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Adam
>>
>> On 8 March 2017 at 21:51, Philip Barnes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Thank you Franz
>>>
>>> I will try adding an access=yes tag.
>>>
>>> Phil (trigpoint)

>>> --
>>> Sent from my Jolla

Re: Blackwall Tunnel

Philip Barnes
On Wednesday, 8 March 2017, Michael Booth wrote:
> Seems to be missing from OSRM's list of barrier features that cars can
> be routed through:
> https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-backend/blob/c2727f202975414ffdaf9bfb8a4dd54615bcb9d0/features/car/barrier.feature
>
> Might be worth opening an issue on their github about the problem.

I wonder if anything similar exists elsewhere in OSM, it is some sort of movable barrier.  My feeling is adding flood_barrier to allowed routing would cause problems elsewhere.
If its invisible,  I wonder how he mapped it.

Thank you
Phil (trigpoint)

> On 08/03/2017 22:08, Philip Barnes wrote:
> > Thank you Adam, I can't even guess what that one is.
> >
> > Phil (trigpoint)
> >
> > On Wednesday, 8 March 2017, Adam Snape wrote:
> >> Also this barrier http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/88830172
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Adam

Sent from my Jolla

Re: Blackwall Tunnel

Philip Barnes

https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/4062586422
I have retagged this from barrier=flood_gate to barrier=gate,
gate=flood_gate which seems more hierarchical and simpler to follow. I
have added access=yes to the node.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/88830172
This seemed a strange one when I was sitting in the pub with my phone,
how does a lift gate enforce a minimum speed of 10 mph.

I found it on mapillary
https://www.mapillary.com/app/?lat=51.499379&lng=0.001662&z=17&pKey=cuc
eMHfhej2h9QBs2MOyhA&focus=photo

In my mind the tags belong to 3 separate objects, there is a lift gate,
 a sign and minspeed belongs on the way. I have created a new node for
the sign and simplified the tagging on the lift gate and added
access=yes.

Thank you all
Phil (trigpoint)

Re: Blackwall Tunnel

Philip Barnes
Blackwall tunnel routing now works, thank you for your help in spotting
the odd barriers.

Phil (trigpoint)