Building's border line

demon.box
Hi, escuse me, in my own style I make a border line around the buildings but
it not always follow exactly the bulding...

<http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/file/t339261/1.jpg>

<http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/file/t339261/2.jpg>

What can I do? There is an option of mkgmap to reduce this problem?

Thanks very much.

--enrico

Re: Building's border line

Gerd Petermann
Hi Enrico,

the problem was described before and it is on the todo list since many years :-(
The major problem here is that mkgmap handles lines and areas in a different way
when it comes to splitting, merging or rounding of the coordinates for resolutions < 24.
You may experiment with the options --no-merge-lines and --x-no-mergeshapes.
Maybe they help to reduce the effect.

Gerd

Re: Building's border line

demon.box
Ok thanks very much Gerd!

the   --x-no-mergeshapes    it's new for me... please can you explain it to
me with examples?

Thanks a lot.

--enrico

Re: Building's border line

Gerd Petermann
Hi Enrico,

just specify --x-no-mergeshapes to disable the merging of shapes, the option has no parameters.
No idea if it can help here, it is just an option that is not documented. The side effect of this is that
the WrongAngleFixer is not used for shapes. I assume the options will change something, but not always to the better.
See also http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/dev/todo (esp. the last sentence)

The required change mentioned in the todo is complex, since it requires a complete rewrite of many routines,
and the effect will barely be visible in daily use on the gps.
If anybody has a better idea to solve this: Please post a patch!

Gerd

Re: Building's border line

demon.box
Gerd Petermann wrote
> No idea if it can help here

Hi Gerd, I just tried but unfortunately there is no difference.... It's
really a pity... :-((

Thanks.

--enrico