Building the console

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Building the console

Luca Morandini-3
Folks,

sorry to bother you, but I'm new to Eclipse plugins, not to mention
JGRASS, hence I need some (a lot of ?) help, missing a step-by-step
guide on the matter.

I would like to build the console and strip it from dependencies (I'd
like to run it standalone and without UI).

I've checked trunk out, created an Eclipse plugin project from the
console plugin (and the console editor one)... and then stopped :(

How do I compile (and make available to the console plugin) the  host of
other plugins and libraries needed ?

Regards,

--------------------
    Luca Morandini
www.lucamorandini.it
--------------------
_______________________________________________
JGrass-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://dev.fsc.bz.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/jgrass-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Building the console

Andrea Antonello
Hi Luca,
not bothering at all, sorry for the laziness in the response, we are a
bit busy here right now with the new wiki and the normal work to be
done.

> sorry to bother you, but I'm new to Eclipse plugins, not to mention
> JGRASS, hence I need some (a lot of ?) help, missing a step-by-step
> guide on the matter.
>
> I would like to build the console and strip it from dependencies (I'd
> like to run it standalone and without UI).
>
> I've checked trunk out, created an Eclipse plugin project from the
> console plugin (and the console editor one)... and then stopped :(
>
> How do I compile (and make available to the console plugin) the  host of
> other plugins and libraries needed ?

I am almost finished with trying to create a procedure about that
issue. I tried the console in standalone mode already but it requires
some tweaking yet.
The major problem for me in finishing that is that I will be busy with
lessons this weekend and then I will be away until Thursday for a
conference, so I wonàt be able to finish that up quickly.

If you can wait this week, that would be great. If you come to the
conference with your laptop, we could make it together and write a
tutorial for the community :) (the conference is here
http://www.gitonline.eu/Offida2008.htm , who knows, perhaps you live
near theat place)

Ciao
Andrea

>
> Regards,
>
> --------------------
>    Luca Morandini
> www.lucamorandini.it
> --------------------
> _______________________________________________
> JGrass-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://dev.fsc.bz.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/jgrass-devel
>
_______________________________________________
JGrass-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://dev.fsc.bz.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/jgrass-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Building the console

Luca Morandini-3
In reply to this post by Luca Morandini-3
andrea antonello wrote:
>
> I am almost finished with trying to create a procedure about that
> issue. I tried the console in standalone mode already but it requires
> some tweaking yet.
> The major problem for me in finishing that is that I will be busy with
> lessons this weekend and then I will be away until Thursday for a
> conference, so I wonàt be able to finish that up quickly.

Ok, I'll work on the WPS side then.


> If you can wait this week, that would be great. If you come to the
> conference with your laptop, we could make it together and write a
> tutorial for the community :) (the conference is here
> http://www.gitonline.eu/Offida2008.htm , who knows, perhaps you live
> near theat place)

Hmm... thank for the offer but I don't live *that* close (it will take
about 2.5h to get there by car, 5h by train)... and I must confess
geology is not my cup of tea ;)

BTW, do you mind if I register this mailing list to Gmane ? It will make
the list more user-friendly (at least for me, I love newsreaders).

Regards,

--------------------
    Luca Morandini
www.lucamorandini.it
--------------------
_______________________________________________
JGrass-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://dev.fsc.bz.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/jgrass-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Building the console

Andrea Antonello
>> I am almost finished with trying to create a procedure about that
>> issue. I tried the console in standalone mode already but it requires
>> some tweaking yet.
>> The major problem for me in finishing that is that I will be busy with
>> lessons this weekend and then I will be away until Thursday for a
>> conference, so I wonàt be able to finish that up quickly.
>
> Ok, I'll work on the WPS side then.

Great, looking forward to see that side :)
Did you talk to Jody Garnett from the udig ML? He is also working on
WPS in geotools and udig as far as I know.

>> If you can wait this week, that would be great. If you come to the
>> conference with your laptop, we could make it together and write a
>> tutorial for the community :) (the conference is here
>> http://www.gitonline.eu/Offida2008.htm , who knows, perhaps you live
>> near theat place)
>
> Hmm... thank for the offer but I don't live *that* close (it will take
> about 2.5h to get there by car, 5h by train)... and I must confess
> geology is not my cup of tea ;)

:) alright, it was wirth a try.

>
> BTW, do you mind if I register this mailing list to Gmane ? It will make
> the list more user-friendly (at least for me, I love newsreaders).

I'm a bit ignorant in this, I beg for pardon. Andreas registered the
list at nabble, isn't that a similar thing. Anyway, I'm glad if you
subscribe the list to gmane, thanks.

Ciao,
Andrea


>
> Regards,
>
> --------------------
>    Luca Morandini
> www.lucamorandini.it
> --------------------
> _______________________________________________
> JGrass-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://dev.fsc.bz.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/jgrass-devel
>
_______________________________________________
JGrass-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://dev.fsc.bz.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/jgrass-devel