Can I make a WMS overlay transparent? uDig 1.3.2 (Linux x64)

Can I make a WMS overlay transparent? uDig 1.3.2 (Linux x64)

Donovan Cameron

I can't seem to make a WMS layer transparent.

I am using the Geobase.ca WMS from http://ows.geobase.ca/wms/geobase_en

I pull in some generic base layers like the NHN (hydro) and NRN (transportation) and the Landsat7 for an overlay.

I highlight the Landsat 7 layer in the layer tab and press the Style Editor button where I can see in the "simple" pane an option for Opacity.

It is at 100% by default so I change it to 50% and press Apply/OK but the map does not change, it remains at 100%.

Is it possible to change the transparent properties of a WMS on-the-fly in uDig or does the WMS need to support the feature somehow?

SaultDon.