Canoeing infrastructure/river features

Edward Bainton
Hi again Jez & others,

Just a quick question: what sort of role should overpass turbo play in my researches on this topic (and on canoe portages especially)?

Is it an inductive browse for 'the feel of the map'? Do people like stats when discussing new/changed tags, and if so what sort?

Answers to any other questions that I don't know to ask would be great too. Thanks,

Edward/eteb3

Re: Canoeing infrastructure/river features

Andy Townsend
On 02/09/2019 17:50, Edward Bainton wrote:
> Just a quick question: what sort of role should overpass turbo play in
> my researches on this topic (and on canoe portages especially)?

I use it all the time when looking for things that people might have
mapped using tags that I wasn't aware of.  In your case I'd definitely
try searching values for words like "canoe" or others that you think
people might have used (see e.g.
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org.uk/search?q=canoe#values ).  If
nothing else that'll identify areas to look where people have added
other things.

Using that method you can find e.g.
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1739117028 (which is tagged as a
tourism=theme_park?) and if you query the map or turn the data layer on
you'll also see https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/6764328677 .

Best Regards,

Andy