Changing the attribute to be used for sorting fails

Changing the attribute to be used for sorting fails

Rahkonen Jukka
Hi,

The attribute table can be sorted according to one field with the right click menu option. However, it seems to be impossible to sort the once sorted table according to another field without closing the attribute table first. The sort timer just runs without giving any error but sorting never finishes. I suppose this is not intentional.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Re: Changing the attribute to be used for sorting fails

Sergio Baños Calvo
Hi Jukka.

Could you send me your log file (kosmo.log file placed at the /bin/logs directory from your Kosmo Desktop install directory). I'm not able to reproduce it in my PC.

Regards,

El 18/01/2012 10:14, Rahkonen Jukka escribió:
Hi,

The attribute table can be sorted according to one field with the right click menu option. However, it seems to be impossible to sort the once sorted table according to another field without closing the attribute table first. The sort timer just runs without giving any error but sorting never finishes. I suppose this is not intentional.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: [hidden email]

Re: Changing the attribute to be used for sorting fails

Rahkonen Jukka
Hi,

Trying to re-sort does not give any new lines into the log file so I do not know if it would help you. I can send it if you want but meanwhile you can look at a video showing how it behaves for me. Re-sorting does not occur without closing the window first. Actually I do not need to change the field, also sorting the same field first ascending, then descending fails.

Video is 180 MB and I will remove it later today.

My environment is
Windows XP
Kosmo 2.0.1 (20110527)
Java 1.6.0_23

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Sergio Baños Calvo  wrote:
[...]

Thank you very much for the video, I have already downloaded it. Could you give more hints about the layer that you're using there? Is it a WFS layer, a shapefile layer, a database layer, ...? Could I access to it?

Regards,

Sergio Baños Calvo  wrote:
[...]

Quite a coincidence to try the sorting for the first time with this certain shapefile.  I do not have any trouble with any other shapefile I have been testing, and not even with this data if I save a copy with Kosmo and reopen it. I saw that the copy had three features less than the original shapefile so obviously there is something odd in the data. So I searched the difference between these two shapefiles with OpenJUMP and it revealed that all those three features had a geometry "POINT EMPTY"

Attached zip contains these empty points. OpenJUMP opens the shapefile and you can add some points with real geometry with OJ. Unfortunately I cannot send the whole dataset but I am pretty sure that the trouble comes from the empty geometries.

The original shapefile was made with a bit peculiar workflow. Data were originally as Excel file which I imported into Spatialite with Spatialite-GUI. Then I created point geometries from numeric x and y attributes with SQL and finally I exported data from Spatialite into shapefile also with Spatialite-GUI. I did not notice that there were a few coordinates missing from the Excel file. So the case is for sure interesting one but not at all critical.

-Jukka-

Sergio Baños Calvo  wrote:
[...]

empty_shapes.zip (1K) Download Attachment