Clarification unclassified vs residential

Re: Emergency vehicle country-specific law

OSMDoudou

I would expect the police would first re-organize the scene to revert circulation.

If the house on fire is just a few meters in the opposite one-way direction, they might go directly, but technically they would break the law, if I read the articles correctly.

So, we should map what it authorized and not authorized under normal circumstances, otherwise we map no restriction at all (because the policy may always reorganize things in urgent situations).

Re: Emergency vehicle country-specific law

Richard Welty-2
On 3/7/19 12:49 PM, OSMDoudou wrote:

> I would expect the police would first re-organize the scene to revert
> circulation.
>

> If the house on fire is just a few meters in the opposite one-way
> direction, they might go directly, but technically they would break the
> law, if I read the articles correctly.
>

> So, we should map what it authorized and not authorized under normal
> circumstances, otherwise we map no restriction at all (because the
> policy may always reorganize things in urgent situations).

i think OSM should stick to mapping what is legal. first responders
frequentlhy have permission to ignore the restrictions that apply
to normal motorists, but they usually have relevant policies that
probably don't belong in OSM proper and which aren't knowable
without interviewing the responders in question (and i've
interviewed a bunch while developing requirements, i have some
insight into common policies.)

richard
 OpenStreetMap - PostgreSQL - Linux
 Java - Web Applications - Search

Re: Emergency vehicle country-specific law

Sergio Manzi
+1!

On 2019-03-07 19:02, Richard Welty wrote:
> i think OSM should stick to mapping what is legal. first responders
> frequentlhy have permission to ignore the restrictions that apply
> to normal motorists, but they usually have relevant policies that
> probably don't belong in OSM proper and which aren't knowable
> without interviewing the responders in question (and i've
> interviewed a bunch while developing requirements, i have some
> insight into common policies.)
>
> richard

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment