Codepage 1258 - Vietnamese - broken

Felix Hartmann-2
Anyone knows why mkgmap is not able to create a map in codepage 1258?
If I try to create a map of vietnam I get the following error:

Exception in thread "main" uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.scan.SyntaxException: Error: (stream:2): Unrecognised command id
        at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.srt.SrtTextReader.initialState(SrtTextReader.java:226)
        at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.srt.SrtTextReader.read(SrtTextReader.java:171)
        at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.srt.SrtTextReader.<init>(SrtTextReader.java:117)
        at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.srt.SrtTextReader.<init>(SrtTextReader.java:106)
        at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.srt.SrtTextReader.sortForCodepage(SrtTextReader.java:141)
        at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.main.Main.getSort(Main.java:686)
        at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.main.Main.processFilename(Main.java:256)
        at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.CommandArgsReader$Filename.processArg(CommandArgsReader.java:272)
        at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.CommandArgsReader.readArgs(CommandArgsReader.java:125)
        at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.main.Main.mainStart(Main.java:136)
        at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.main.Main.main(Main.java:107)

other non latin1 codepages - even 932 japanese for example work fine. I was thinking that 1258 should be in principle also supported.

Schusterbergweg 32/8
6020 Innsbruck
Austria - Österreich

Re: Codepage 1258 - Vietnamese - broken

Steve Ratcliffe

Hi Felix

> Anyone knows why mkgmap is not able to create a map in codepage 1258?
> If I try to create a map of vietnam I get the following error:
>
> Exception in thread "main" uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.scan.SyntaxException:
> Error: (stream:2): Unrecognised command id
>          at
> uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.srt.SrtTextReader.initialState(SrtTextReader.java:226)

The mkgmap file that defines the sort order for code-page 1258 had a
couple of typos in it.

I've fixed this in r3973.  Thanks for reporting this.

Cheers
..Steve