Codepoint tiles

Chris Hill-6
I have used the latest OS OpenData Codepoint data, released in November,
to update the tiles overlay showing GB postcodes.

You can see more at http://codepoint.raggedred.net/

--
Cheers, Chris
user: chillly

Bing Imagery update

David Groom
Not sure how widespread the update is, but certainly the Bing Imagery
covering the Isle of Wight has recently been updated to imagery taken within
the last few months.

David

Re: Bing Imagery update

Robert Norris

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 15:07:33 +0000
> Subject: [Talk-GB] Bing Imagery update
>
> Not sure how widespread the update is, but certainly the Bing Imagery
> covering the Isle of Wight has recently been updated to imagery taken within
> the last few months.
>
> David

Goes off to check nearby Portsmouth....

Yay finally the Spinnaker Tower is there!

Interesting to check all the other 'recent' developments around the City in the last five years are now visible,
I might get around to tracing better detail at some point...

Be Seeing You - Rob.
If at first you don't succeed,
then skydiving isn't for you.

Re: Bing Imagery update

Stephen Gower-2
On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 06:05:43PM +0000, Robert Norris wrote:

> > Not sure how widespread the update is, but certainly the Bing Imagery
> > covering the Isle of Wight has recently been updated to imagery taken within
> > the last few months.
>
> Goes off to check nearby Portsmouth....
>
> Yay finally the Spinnaker Tower is there!

To view this at http://www.bing.com/maps you need to select aerial
photography with the "show labels" option unticked.  It seems to stretch
from Poole Harbour in the west to Langstone Harbour in the east, and from
the Isle of Wight north as far as Romsey and Chandler's Ford, but not up to
Winchester.

Re: Bing Imagery update

Craig Loftus
> Not sure how widespread the update is, but certainly the Bing Imagery
> covering the Isle of Wight has recently been updated to imagery taken within
> the last few months.

There is new imagery (within ~6 months) in the North Yorkshire area.
Specifically I've seen new imagery just south of Middlesbrough and in
the Whitby area.

The resolution isn't all that great, which seems a little strange.

Craig

On 19 December 2011 13:53, Stephen Gower
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 06:05:43PM +0000, Robert Norris wrote:
>>
>> > Not sure how widespread the update is, but certainly the Bing Imagery
>> > covering the Isle of Wight has recently been updated to imagery taken within
>> > the last few months.
>>
>> Goes off to check nearby Portsmouth....
>>
>> Yay finally the Spinnaker Tower is there!
>
> To view this at http://www.bing.com/maps you need to select aerial
> photography with the "show labels" option unticked.  It seems to stretch
> from Poole Harbour in the west to Langstone Harbour in the east, and from
> the Isle of Wight north as far as Romsey and Chandler's Ford, but not up to
> Winchester.

Re: Bing Imagery update

Gregory-2
I thought I had replied here already...
You can tell the date of a tile by using this tool http://mvexel.dev.openstreetmap.org/bing/ (zoom in to see the dates of high zoom levels).

I listed it as the second Christmas present to mappers.
http://www.livingwithdragons.com/2011/12/christmas-presents-for-mappers

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 06:05:43PM +0000, Robert Norris wrote:
>>
>> > Not sure how widespread the update is, but certainly the Bing Imagery
>> > covering the Isle of Wight has recently been updated to imagery taken within
>> > the last few months.
>>
>> Goes off to check nearby Portsmouth....
>>
>> Yay finally the Spinnaker Tower is there!
>
> To view this at http://www.bing.com/maps you need to select aerial
> photography with the "show labels" option unticked.  It seems to stretch
> from Poole Harbour in the west to Langstone Harbour in the east, and from
> the Isle of Wight north as far as Romsey and Chandler's Ford, but not up to
> Winchester.

Gregory
[hidden email]
http://www.livingwithdragons.com

Re: Bing Imagery update

Gregory-2

Zoom 21 contains the photos Bing have of inside your house. Not publicly available for obvious reasons. /joke

"

On 25 December 2011 13:55, Ed Loach <[hidden email]> wrote:
You wrote (offlist reply):

> I thought I had replied here already...
> You can tell the date of a tile by using this tool
> http://mvexel.dev.openstreetmap.org/bing/ (zoom in to see the
> dates of high zoom levels).

If I zoom in locally to z20 it says "1 more". Does that mean z21 is
available if it would let me zoom closer?

At z20 it is also rather vague saying "Aug/2004 - Oct/2009"

Shortened link of the area I zoomed in on:
http://is.gd/qMufk2

Merry Christmas,

Ed

--