Commit: r2107: Translate contact:phone=* as phone=*.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Commit: r2107: Translate contact:phone=* as phone=*.

svn commit

Version 2107 was commited by marko on 2011-11-21 20:09:32 +0000 (Mon, 21 Nov 2011)

Translate contact:phone=* as phone=*.
_______________________________________________
mkgmap-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/mkgmap-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Commit: r2107: Translate contact:phone=* as phone=*.

navmaps
It might be handy to get the mistakes out of mkgmap before updating it
with new features to 2108 etc.
1. Steve's patch on the error as reported by Jonas is not committed yet
2. version 2106 introduced a second error in handling the style files

Cheers, Johan



On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 20:09:32 +0000 (GMT), svn commit wrote:
> Version 2107 was commited by marko on 2011-11-21 20:09:32 +0000 (Mon,
> 21 Nov 2011)
>
> Translate contact:phone=* as phone=*.
> _______________________________________________
> mkgmap-dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/mkgmap-dev

_______________________________________________
mkgmap-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/mkgmap-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Commit: r2107: Translate contact:phone=* as phone=*.

Steve Ratcliffe
Hello

> 1. Steve's patch on the error as reported by Jonas is not committed yet

Well, no one has replied to say that it fixes the problem they see. I'm
happy to commit it because the code was obviously wrong before, but from
long experience I know that is no guarantee that the fix will work in
the situation Jonas saw...

> 2. version 2106 introduced a second error in handling the style files

And what was that?

..Steve
_______________________________________________
mkgmap-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/mkgmap-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Commit: r2107: Translate contact:phone=* as phone=*.

navmaps
@ 1: sorry, I don't have the Java knowledge to test patches

@ 2: using thedefault styles:
at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.osmstyle.StyleImpl.<init>(StyleImpl.java:140)
         at
uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.osmstyle.StyleImpl.readBaseStyle(StyleImpl.java
:518)

Cheers, Johan


On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 22:37:25 +0000, Steve Ratcliffe wrote:

> Hello
>
>> 1. Steve's patch on the error as reported by Jonas is not committed
>> yet
>
> Well, no one has replied to say that it fixes the problem they see.
> I'm
> happy to commit it because the code was obviously wrong before, but
> from
> long experience I know that is no guarantee that the fix will work in
> the situation Jonas saw...
>
>> 2. version 2106 introduced a second error in handling the style
>> files
>
> And what was that?
>
> ..Steve
> _______________________________________________
> mkgmap-dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/mkgmap-dev

_______________________________________________
mkgmap-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/mkgmap-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Commit: r2107: Translate contact:phone=* as phone=*.

Steve Ratcliffe
Hi

Again I don't see that, but the top part of this stack trace is missing
so I can't tell what the problem is.

> at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.osmstyle.StyleImpl.<init>(StyleImpl.java:140)
>           at
> uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.osmstyle.StyleImpl.readBaseStyle(StyleImpl.java
> :518)

Are you using a style that depends on the default one?

..Steve

_______________________________________________
mkgmap-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/mkgmap-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Commit: r2107: Translate contact:phone=* as phone=*.

navmaps
I found the problem. The info file in styles/default contains an error:
the words 'summary: The default style' are not preceded by a '#'

Cheers, Johan

On 22.11.2011 00:21, Steve Ratcliffe wrote:

> Hi
>
> Again I don't see that, but the top part of this stack trace is
> missing
> so I can't tell what the problem is.
>
>> at
>> uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.osmstyle.StyleImpl.<init>(StyleImpl.java:140)
>>           at
>>
>> uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.osmstyle.StyleImpl.readBaseStyle(StyleImpl.java
>> :518)
>
> Are you using a style that depends on the default one?
>
> ..Steve
>
> _______________________________________________
> mkgmap-dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/mkgmap-dev

_______________________________________________
mkgmap-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/mkgmap-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Commit: r2107: Translate contact:phone=* as phone=*.

navmaps
Correction: the words 'base-style=location' in the info file are not
preceded by the '#'

On 23.11.2011 19:45, navmaps wrote:

> I found the problem. The info file in styles/default contains an
> error:
> the words 'summary: The default style' are not preceded by a '#'
>
> Cheers, Johan
>
> On 22.11.2011 00:21, Steve Ratcliffe wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Again I don't see that, but the top part of this stack trace is
>> missing
>> so I can't tell what the problem is.
>>
>>> at
>>> uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.osmstyle.StyleImpl.<init>(StyleImpl.java:140)
>>>           at
>>>
>>>
>>> uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.osmstyle.StyleImpl.readBaseStyle(StyleImpl.java
>>> :518)
>>
>> Are you using a style that depends on the default one?
>>
>> ..Steve
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> mkgmap-dev mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/mkgmap-dev
>
> _______________________________________________
> mkgmap-dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/mkgmap-dev

_______________________________________________
mkgmap-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/mkgmap-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Commit: r2107: Translate contact:phone=* as phone=*.

Marko Mäkelä
On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 07:47:57PM +0100, navmaps wrote:
>Correction: the words 'base-style=location' in the info file are not
>preceded by the '#'

Oh, sorry, my bad. This was supposed to be part of a subsequent change
(splitting some of the default style), which I committed today, in r2109.

I did not notice anything, because this had been in my working copy for
a few days, so that I was able to test it.

Best regards,

        Marko
_______________________________________________
mkgmap-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/mkgmap-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Commit: r2107: Translate contact:phone=* as phone=*.

Steve Ratcliffe
In reply to this post by navmaps
On 23/11/11 18:47, navmaps wrote:
> Correction: the words 'base-style=location' in the info file are not
> preceded by the '#'

>>> Again I don't see that, but the top part of this stack trace is
>>> missing
>>> so I can't tell what the problem is.
>>>
>>>> at
>>>> uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.osmstyle.StyleImpl.<init>(StyleImpl.java:140)
>>>>            at
>>>> uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.osmstyle.StyleImpl.readBaseStyle(StyleImpl.java
>>>> :518)

Ah, OK, so it is recursive style inclusion.

The attached patch fixes that.

..Steve

_______________________________________________
mkgmap-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/mkgmap-dev

recursive_style_include.patch (2K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Commit: r2107: Translate contact:phone=* as phone=*.

railrun
Hello Steve,

was this patch ever commited? I checked out the last version from trunk and copied the default style to my working-folder. Without the patch I get a lot of errors starting with:
java.lang.StackOverflowError
        at sun.nio.cs.UTF_8.updatePositions(UTF_8.java:58)
        at sun.nio.cs.UTF_8$Encoder.encodeArrayLoop(UTF_8.java:392)
        at sun.nio.cs.UTF_8$Encoder.encodeLoop(UTF_8.java:447)
        at java.nio.charset.CharsetEncoder.encode(CharsetEncoder.java:544)
        at java.lang.StringCoding$StringEncoder.encode(StringCoding.java:240)
        at java.lang.StringCoding.encode(StringCoding.java:272)
        at java.lang.String.getBytes(String.java:946)
        at java.io.UnixFileSystem.getBooleanAttributes0(Native Method)
        at java.io.UnixFileSystem.getBooleanAttributes(UnixFileSystem.java:228)
        at java.io.File.isDirectory(File.java:754)
        at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.osmstyle.StyleFileLoader.createStyleLoader(StyleFileLoader.java:55)
        at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.osmstyle.StyleImpl.<init>(StyleImpl.java:132)
        at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.osmstyle.StyleImpl.readBaseStyle(StyleImpl.java:518)
        at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.osmstyle.StyleImpl.<init>(StyleImpl.java:140)
...

After the patch it works fine.

Cheers,
Martin

Am 24.11.2011 um 13:25 schrieb Steve Ratcliffe:

> On 23/11/11 18:47, navmaps wrote:
>> Correction: the words 'base-style=location' in the info file are not
>> preceded by the '#'
>
>>>> Again I don't see that, but the top part of this stack trace is
>>>> missing
>>>> so I can't tell what the problem is.
>>>>
>>>>> at
>>>>> uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.osmstyle.StyleImpl.<init>(StyleImpl.java:140)
>>>>>           at
>>>>> uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.osmstyle.StyleImpl.readBaseStyle(StyleImpl.java
>>>>> :518)
>
> Ah, OK, so it is recursive style inclusion.
>
> The attached patch fixes that.
>
> ..Steve
> <recursive_style_include.patch>_______________________________________________
> mkgmap-dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/mkgmap-dev

_______________________________________________
mkgmap-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/mkgmap-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Commit: r2107: Translate contact:phone=* as phone=*.

Steve Ratcliffe

Hi

> was this patch ever commited? I checked out the last version from trunk and copied the default style to my working-folder. Without the patch I get a lot of errors starting with:
> java.lang.StackOverflowError

No the patch wasn't committed as it doesn't really work properly (it
stops the crash, but doesn't do the right thing).

See: http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/pipermail/mkgmap-dev/2011q4/013171.html
for more information and perhaps it solves your problem.

..Steve
_______________________________________________
mkgmap-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/mkgmap-dev