Community Working Group kickoff and call for members

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Community Working Group kickoff and call for members

Blake Girardot HOT/OSM
Hi all,

The Community Working Group is going to start have regular projects
and meetings and we need you :)

This group is going to be working on ways of building our community
and will need people who are good at creative fun things to help grow
and strengthen the HOT community.

I t will also focus on ways of working with partner communities to
strengthen our community integration and help support their missions.

I imagine it will work closely with the Training WG and the
Communications WG to accomplish everyone's goals as well.

The working group will follow the typical HOT WG format and be led by
two community Co-Chairs. There will also be one Board Member working
in the group as well to help with projects and keep the board updated
on activities.

Everyone has something to contribute to this group because everyone is
a member of the HOT community. Besides there will be stickers and
badges how can you say no? We need people with a wide diversity of
skills (especially language skills) so if you are looking for a good
way to build  your real world experience building online communities
this is a great opportunity.

And I mean real opportunity as HOT's President, Heather Leson will be
very involved as the Board member working with the group.

If you have not met our President yet, Heather is a pioneer in
creating and building this new phenomenon of Digital Humanitarians, a
leader in building on line communities and is a sought after speaker
at Humanitarian conferences around the world for her expertise and
insights into online humanitarian work. Working with her on this is
going to be an amazing experience.

So if you are at all interested, please contact me as I am helping get
it kicked off, and we can talk about it at length. Especially if you
have the desire and the capacity for a slightly higher time commitment
to be a Co-Chair :)

I look forward to speaking with you all more as part of the Community WG !

Cheers,
Blake

--
----------------------------------------------------
Blake Girardot
Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team
Vice President, HOT Board of Directors
skype: jblakegirardot

_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Community Working Group kickoff and call for members

Blake Girardot HOT/OSM
Hi everyone!

We still need for community members to join the community working group.

If you even considered it and thought "oh they do not need me." or "I
do not know what I could contribute" now is the time to reply to me
and jump in!

Lets do this! We need YOU, I am not kidding!

As Heather is fond of saying: "Let's all be awesome together!"

Cheers,
Blake



On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 8:51 AM, Blake Girardot
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The Community Working Group is going to start have regular projects
> and meetings and we need you :)
>
> This group is going to be working on ways of building our community
> and will need people who are good at creative fun things to help grow
> and strengthen the HOT community.
>
> I t will also focus on ways of working with partner communities to
> strengthen our community integration and help support their missions.
>
> I imagine it will work closely with the Training WG and the
> Communications WG to accomplish everyone's goals as well.
>
> The working group will follow the typical HOT WG format and be led by
> two community Co-Chairs. There will also be one Board Member working
> in the group as well to help with projects and keep the board updated
> on activities.
>
> Everyone has something to contribute to this group because everyone is
> a member of the HOT community. Besides there will be stickers and
> badges how can you say no? We need people with a wide diversity of
> skills (especially language skills) so if you are looking for a good
> way to build  your real world experience building online communities
> this is a great opportunity.
>
> And I mean real opportunity as HOT's President, Heather Leson will be
> very involved as the Board member working with the group.
>
> If you have not met our President yet, Heather is a pioneer in
> creating and building this new phenomenon of Digital Humanitarians, a
> leader in building on line communities and is a sought after speaker
> at Humanitarian conferences around the world for her expertise and
> insights into online humanitarian work. Working with her on this is
> going to be an amazing experience.
>
> So if you are at all interested, please contact me as I am helping get
> it kicked off, and we can talk about it at length. Especially if you
> have the desire and the capacity for a slightly higher time commitment
> to be a Co-Chair :)
>
> I look forward to speaking with you all more as part of the Community WG !
>
> Cheers,
> Blake
>
> --
> ----------------------------------------------------
> Blake Girardot
> Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team
> Vice President, HOT Board of Directors
> skype: jblakegirardot



--
----------------------------------------------------
Blake Girardot
Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team
Vice President, HOT Board of Directors
skype: jblakegirardot

_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Community Working Group kickoff and call for members

Geoffrey Kateregga
Hi Blake,

Please count me in, I am part of the community and I think I have something to contribute as well.

Thanks.

On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 2:43 PM, Blake Girardot <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everyone!

We still need for community members to join the community working group.

If you even considered it and thought "oh they do not need me." or "I
do not know what I could contribute" now is the time to reply to me
and jump in!

Lets do this! We need YOU, I am not kidding!

As Heather is fond of saying: "Let's all be awesome together!"

Cheers,
Blake



On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 8:51 AM, Blake Girardot
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The Community Working Group is going to start have regular projects
> and meetings and we need you :)
>
> This group is going to be working on ways of building our community
> and will need people who are good at creative fun things to help grow
> and strengthen the HOT community.
>
> I t will also focus on ways of working with partner communities to
> strengthen our community integration and help support their missions.
>
> I imagine it will work closely with the Training WG and the
> Communications WG to accomplish everyone's goals as well.
>
> The working group will follow the typical HOT WG format and be led by
> two community Co-Chairs. There will also be one Board Member working
> in the group as well to help with projects and keep the board updated
> on activities.
>
> Everyone has something to contribute to this group because everyone is
> a member of the HOT community. Besides there will be stickers and
> badges how can you say no? We need people with a wide diversity of
> skills (especially language skills) so if you are looking for a good
> way to build  your real world experience building online communities
> this is a great opportunity.
>
> And I mean real opportunity as HOT's President, Heather Leson will be
> very involved as the Board member working with the group.
>
> If you have not met our President yet, Heather is a pioneer in
> creating and building this new phenomenon of Digital Humanitarians, a
> leader in building on line communities and is a sought after speaker
> at Humanitarian conferences around the world for her expertise and
> insights into online humanitarian work. Working with her on this is
> going to be an amazing experience.
>
> So if you are at all interested, please contact me as I am helping get
> it kicked off, and we can talk about it at length. Especially if you
> have the desire and the capacity for a slightly higher time commitment
> to be a Co-Chair :)
>
> I look forward to speaking with you all more as part of the Community WG !
>
> Cheers,
> Blake
>
> --
> ----------------------------------------------------
> Blake Girardot
> Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team
> Vice President, HOT Board of Directors
> skype: jblakegirardot



--
----------------------------------------------------
Blake Girardot
Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team
Vice President, HOT Board of Directors
skype: jblakegirardot

_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot



--
Best Regards,
Geoffrey Kateregga
Lead Mapping Supervisor | Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team | Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Mob: +255652250562 | +256703813228 | Skype: geoffrey5142



_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Community Working Group kickoff and call for members

Justin Temwani Ng'ambi

Dear Sir,
I totally subscribe to that. I would really be happy to contribute my ideas to the wider community.

Waiting to discuss this in length at a group level for the sake of progress

Regards,
Justin Ng'ambi.

On Oct 16, 2015 2:27 PM, "Geoffrey Kateregga" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Blake,

Please count me in, I am part of the community and I think I have something to contribute as well.

Thanks.

On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 2:43 PM, Blake Girardot <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everyone!

We still need for community members to join the community working group.

If you even considered it and thought "oh they do not need me." or "I
do not know what I could contribute" now is the time to reply to me
and jump in!

Lets do this! We need YOU, I am not kidding!

As Heather is fond of saying: "Let's all be awesome together!"

Cheers,
Blake



On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 8:51 AM, Blake Girardot
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The Community Working Group is going to start have regular projects
> and meetings and we need you :)
>
> This group is going to be working on ways of building our community
> and will need people who are good at creative fun things to help grow
> and strengthen the HOT community.
>
> I t will also focus on ways of working with partner communities to
> strengthen our community integration and help support their missions.
>
> I imagine it will work closely with the Training WG and the
> Communications WG to accomplish everyone's goals as well.
>
> The working group will follow the typical HOT WG format and be led by
> two community Co-Chairs. There will also be one Board Member working
> in the group as well to help with projects and keep the board updated
> on activities.
>
> Everyone has something to contribute to this group because everyone is
> a member of the HOT community. Besides there will be stickers and
> badges how can you say no? We need people with a wide diversity of
> skills (especially language skills) so if you are looking for a good
> way to build  your real world experience building online communities
> this is a great opportunity.
>
> And I mean real opportunity as HOT's President, Heather Leson will be
> very involved as the Board member working with the group.
>
> If you have not met our President yet, Heather is a pioneer in
> creating and building this new phenomenon of Digital Humanitarians, a
> leader in building on line communities and is a sought after speaker
> at Humanitarian conferences around the world for her expertise and
> insights into online humanitarian work. Working with her on this is
> going to be an amazing experience.
>
> So if you are at all interested, please contact me as I am helping get
> it kicked off, and we can talk about it at length. Especially if you
> have the desire and the capacity for a slightly higher time commitment
> to be a Co-Chair :)
>
> I look forward to speaking with you all more as part of the Community WG !
>
> Cheers,
> Blake
>
> --
> ----------------------------------------------------
> Blake Girardot
> Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team
> Vice President, HOT Board of Directors
> skype: jblakegirardot



--
----------------------------------------------------
Blake Girardot
Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team
Vice President, HOT Board of Directors
skype: jblakegirardot

_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot



--
Best Regards,
Geoffrey Kateregga
Lead Mapping Supervisor | Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team | Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Mob: <a href="tel:%2B255652250562" value="+255652250562" target="_blank">+255652250562 | <a href="tel:%2B256703813228" value="+256703813228" target="_blank">+256703813228 | Skype: geoffrey5142



_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot


_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Community Working Group kickoff and call for members

Martin Dittus
Count me in, I’m up for it as well!

m.

> On 17 Oct 2015, at 10:39, Justin Temwani Ng'ambi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear Sir,
> I totally subscribe to that. I would really be happy to contribute my ideas to the wider community.
>
> Waiting to discuss this in length at a group level for the sake of progress
>
> Regards,
> Justin Ng'ambi.
>
> On Oct 16, 2015 2:27 PM, "Geoffrey Kateregga" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Blake,
>
> Please count me in, I am part of the community and I think I have something to contribute as well.
>
> Thanks.
>
> On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 2:43 PM, Blake Girardot <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> We still need for community members to join the community working group.
>
> If you even considered it and thought "oh they do not need me." or "I
> do not know what I could contribute" now is the time to reply to me
> and jump in!
>
> Lets do this! We need YOU, I am not kidding!
>
> As Heather is fond of saying: "Let's all be awesome together!"
>
> Cheers,
> Blake
>
>
>
> On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 8:51 AM, Blake Girardot
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > The Community Working Group is going to start have regular projects
> > and meetings and we need you :)
> >
> > This group is going to be working on ways of building our community
> > and will need people who are good at creative fun things to help grow
> > and strengthen the HOT community.
> >
> > I t will also focus on ways of working with partner communities to
> > strengthen our community integration and help support their missions.
> >
> > I imagine it will work closely with the Training WG and the
> > Communications WG to accomplish everyone's goals as well.
> >
> > The working group will follow the typical HOT WG format and be led by
> > two community Co-Chairs. There will also be one Board Member working
> > in the group as well to help with projects and keep the board updated
> > on activities.
> >
> > Everyone has something to contribute to this group because everyone is
> > a member of the HOT community. Besides there will be stickers and
> > badges how can you say no? We need people with a wide diversity of
> > skills (especially language skills) so if you are looking for a good
> > way to build  your real world experience building online communities
> > this is a great opportunity.
> >
> > And I mean real opportunity as HOT's President, Heather Leson will be
> > very involved as the Board member working with the group.
> >
> > If you have not met our President yet, Heather is a pioneer in
> > creating and building this new phenomenon of Digital Humanitarians, a
> > leader in building on line communities and is a sought after speaker
> > at Humanitarian conferences around the world for her expertise and
> > insights into online humanitarian work. Working with her on this is
> > going to be an amazing experience.
> >
> > So if you are at all interested, please contact me as I am helping get
> > it kicked off, and we can talk about it at length. Especially if you
> > have the desire and the capacity for a slightly higher time commitment
> > to be a Co-Chair :)
> >
> > I look forward to speaking with you all more as part of the Community WG !
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Blake
> >
> > --
> > ----------------------------------------------------
> > Blake Girardot
> > Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team
> > Vice President, HOT Board of Directors
> > skype: jblakegirardot
>
>
>
> --
> ----------------------------------------------------
> Blake Girardot
> Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team
> Vice President, HOT Board of Directors
> skype: jblakegirardot
>
> _______________________________________________
> HOT mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
>
>
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> Geoffrey Kateregga
> Lead Mapping Supervisor | Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team | Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
> Mob: +255652250562 | +256703813228 | Skype: geoffrey5142
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> HOT mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
>
> _______________________________________________
> HOT mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot


_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Community Working Group kickoff and call for members

FOFANA BAZO BAGNOUMANA
hello everyone,
sorry for my late reply. Cause I was sick (malaria). But let me say that i here

Kind regards

2015-10-17 15:31 GMT+00:00 Martin Dittus <[hidden email]>:
Count me in, I’m up for it as well!

m.

> On 17 Oct 2015, at 10:39, Justin Temwani Ng'ambi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear Sir,
> I totally subscribe to that. I would really be happy to contribute my ideas to the wider community.
>
> Waiting to discuss this in length at a group level for the sake of progress
>
> Regards,
> Justin Ng'ambi.
>
> On Oct 16, 2015 2:27 PM, "Geoffrey Kateregga" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Blake,
>
> Please count me in, I am part of the community and I think I have something to contribute as well.
>
> Thanks.
>
> On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 2:43 PM, Blake Girardot <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> We still need for community members to join the community working group.
>
> If you even considered it and thought "oh they do not need me." or "I
> do not know what I could contribute" now is the time to reply to me
> and jump in!
>
> Lets do this! We need YOU, I am not kidding!
>
> As Heather is fond of saying: "Let's all be awesome together!"
>
> Cheers,
> Blake
>
>
>
> On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 8:51 AM, Blake Girardot
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > The Community Working Group is going to start have regular projects
> > and meetings and we need you :)
> >
> > This group is going to be working on ways of building our community
> > and will need people who are good at creative fun things to help grow
> > and strengthen the HOT community.
> >
> > I t will also focus on ways of working with partner communities to
> > strengthen our community integration and help support their missions.
> >
> > I imagine it will work closely with the Training WG and the
> > Communications WG to accomplish everyone's goals as well.
> >
> > The working group will follow the typical HOT WG format and be led by
> > two community Co-Chairs. There will also be one Board Member working
> > in the group as well to help with projects and keep the board updated
> > on activities.
> >
> > Everyone has something to contribute to this group because everyone is
> > a member of the HOT community. Besides there will be stickers and
> > badges how can you say no? We need people with a wide diversity of
> > skills (especially language skills) so if you are looking for a good
> > way to build  your real world experience building online communities
> > this is a great opportunity.
> >
> > And I mean real opportunity as HOT's President, Heather Leson will be
> > very involved as the Board member working with the group.
> >
> > If you have not met our President yet, Heather is a pioneer in
> > creating and building this new phenomenon of Digital Humanitarians, a
> > leader in building on line communities and is a sought after speaker
> > at Humanitarian conferences around the world for her expertise and
> > insights into online humanitarian work. Working with her on this is
> > going to be an amazing experience.
> >
> > So if you are at all interested, please contact me as I am helping get
> > it kicked off, and we can talk about it at length. Especially if you
> > have the desire and the capacity for a slightly higher time commitment
> > to be a Co-Chair :)
> >
> > I look forward to speaking with you all more as part of the Community WG !
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Blake
> >
> > --
> > ----------------------------------------------------
> > Blake Girardot
> > Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team
> > Vice President, HOT Board of Directors
> > skype: jblakegirardot
>
>
>
> --
> ----------------------------------------------------
> Blake Girardot
> Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team
> Vice President, HOT Board of Directors
> skype: jblakegirardot
>
> _______________________________________________
> HOT mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
>
>
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> Geoffrey Kateregga
> Lead Mapping Supervisor | Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team | Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
> Mob: <a href="tel:%2B255652250562" value="+255652250562">+255652250562 | <a href="tel:%2B256703813228" value="+256703813228">+256703813228 | Skype: geoffrey5142
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> HOT mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
>
> _______________________________________________
> HOT mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot


_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot



--
Fofana B. Bazo,
Géographe, contributeur OSM
Volontaire International de la
Francophonie 
Lomé/Togo
tel: (00228)93549215
00228 93705132

_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot