Conflict between en-GB and en copyright page.

Conflict between en-GB and en copyright page.

Oliver Simmons

Whilst discussing OSM credit on the OSM-world Discord me (GoodClover#4444) and swedneck#9241 discovered that the http://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright page has conflicts between the en original and en-GB “translation”.

The en-GB mentions CC-BY-SA and creativecommons.org for the tiles,

whereas en doesn’t mention this.

(This is the large paragraph under the “How to credit OpenStreetMap” header.)

The translation (en-GB) says in case of conflicts en overrules.

This would be fine if it wasn’t that *they appear to be backwards*

en is the page lacking the tile attribution info and that is supposedly “the original”.

This should just be a simple fix to add the tile attribution info the the en “original”.

There are no other conflicts between these two versions as far as I can tell.

Links:

(apologies for any issues with the email I still don’t quite get how mailing lists work)

Re: Conflict between en-GB and en copyright page.

On 21. Aug 2020, at 03:59, Oliver Simmons <[hidden email]> wrote:

The translation (en-GB) says in case of conflicts en overrules.

This would be fine if it wasn’t that *they appear to be backwards*

en is the page lacking the tile attribution info and that is supposedly “the original”.

the original is right. The translation must still be updated, it was decided recently that the tiles are now published with no specific license (i.e. as produced works under the ODbL)

Cheers Martin