Console without the rest of JGRASS

Luca Morandini-2
I would like to develop a GetTools WPS process to execute commands to
GRASS via JGRASS console. I've contacted Andrea a couple weeks ago,
which told me he was working on the disentanglement of the console from
the rest of JGRASS (and Eclipse, of course): any news on this front ?

Re: Console without the rest of JGRASS

Andrea Antonello
Hi Luca,
I am currently at the osgeo hacking event and there were loads of
stuff more to do than I thought (which is good anyway).
I can send you a groovy script that creates sets up the classpath,
generates a main class and executes the console in standalone mode.

You should be able to use the console in standalone mode like that
easyly. I'll try to send it during the day, I think I have it on the
other pc.

Anyway, are you in touch with Refractions about wps module? They have
the best knowledge and are doing the same with strickt deadlines, I
think.
Since it is lgpl I guess the license is not your issue, right?

Ciao
Andrea

andrea antonello wrote:

> I am currently at the osgeo hacking event and there were loads of
> stuff more to do than I thought (which is good anyway).

Gee... I would have loved to pay a visit too, but I'm swamped at the
moment :(

> I can send you a groovy script that creates sets up the classpath,
> generates a main class and executes the console in standalone mode.
>
> You should be able to use the console in standalone mode like that
> easyly. I'll try to send it during the day, I think I have it on the
> other pc.

Ok.

> Anyway, are you in touch with Refractions about wps module? They have
> the best knowledge and are doing the same with strickt deadlines, I
> think.

Yes, I monitor their progress on the GeoTools code base (well, not in
the last ten days, as I said, I'm quite swamped currently).

> Since it is lgpl I guess the license is not your issue, right?

Right.

Re: Console without the rest of JGRASS

Andrea Antonello
Hi Luca,
I'm sorry I wasn't able to do a cleanup of the needed plugins.

Anyway find attached a groovy script that you can put in the folder
above the jgrass plugins folder. Once executed, it creates and
compiles a java main that executes the console in standalone mode. So
you have really everything needed to make the console run.
What happens now, is that it puts all the plugins in the classpath,
which should not be needed. There is some dirth requesting some
eclipse plugins, but I had no time to recreate some dummy classes to
substitute them. For sure the classes are not needed.
Anyway, for now with all the plugins it will work.

Andrea

console.groovy (10K) Download Attachment

andrea antonello wrote:

> Hi Luca,
> I'm sorry I wasn't able to do a cleanup of the needed plugins.
>
> Anyway find attached a groovy script that you can put in the folder
> above the jgrass plugins folder. Once executed, it creates and
> compiles a java main that executes the console in standalone mode. So
> you have really everything needed to make the console run.
> What happens now, is that it puts all the plugins in the classpath,
> which should not be needed. There is some dirth requesting some
> eclipse plugins, but I had no time to recreate some dummy classes to
> substitute them. For sure the classes are not needed.
> Anyway, for now with all the plugins it will work.

Ok, I'll try it in the next few days.