Copyright for the map used in OpenStreetMap

Copyright for the map used in OpenStreetMap

qqq qqq

I am currently working on an application for general aviation. In that application I need a map (only showing the coast line, no roads, no railroads, no nothing). Can I use the map used in OpenStreetMap or is there a copyright issue? Who own that map?

Bobo

Re: Copyright for the map used in OpenStreetMap

Steve Coast
>    I am currently working on an application for general aviation. In that
>    application I need a map (only showing the coast line, no roads, no
>    railroads, no nothing). Can I use the map used in OpenStreetMap or is
>    there a copyright issue? Who own that map?

Everything is licensed under CC:

You're basically allowed to do what you like as long as derivative works
are CC and attribute openstreetmap. I am not a lawyer.

have fun,

SteveC [hidden email] http://www.asklater.com/steve/

Re: Copyright for the map used in OpenStreetMap

Jon Stockill
On Mon, January 2, 2006 3:07 pm, qqq qqq wrote:
> I am currently working on an application for general
> aviation. In that application I need a map (only showing the coast line,
> no roads, no railroads, no nothing). Can I use the map used in
> OpenStreetMap or is there a copyright issue? Who own that
> map?

If you just need a coasline then the GSHHS dataset is probably ideal.

http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/mgg/shorelines/gshhs.html

--
Jon Stockill