Copyright text scrambled

Felix Hartmann-2
The following change to the mapbuilder.java doesn't seem to work at all - it's getting all scrambled in Mapsource (Map Manager - view Copyright), anyone got an idea why?

        } else {
            mapInfo.add("These maps constitue a produced work. These maps are (c) by Openmtbmap.org");
            mapInfo.add("The maps may be used freely for personal use. Redistribution, sale or reuse is not allowed");
            mapInfo.add("You may publish screenshots according to CCBYSA 2.0 as long as you attribute openmtbmap.org. In case contourlines are visible you also need to attribute www.viewfinderpanoramas.org ");
            mapInfo.add("Non commercial distribution not asking for any service charge or other charges (also not cost of shipping or cost of hardware) while attributing http://openmtbmap.org, www.viewfinderpanoramas.org and explicitely providing the date of map creation is permitted to your friends or family members as long as the redistribution is offline/not as a download.");
            mapInfo.add("Map data (6*.img and *mdr.img files and mapset.img // Mac OSX all 6*.* files and mapset* files) compiled with mkgmap - (c) OpenStreetMap and its contributors http://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright");
            mapInfo.add("Thanks to Geofabrik for providing the map data snapshots which I use to create the maps.");
            mapInfo.add("The map data is made available under the Open Database License:");
            mapInfo.add("http://opendatacommons.org/licenses/odbl/1.0/");
            mapInfo.add("Any rights in individual contents of the database are licensed under the");
            mapInfo.add("Database Contents License: http://opendatacommons.org/licenses/dbcl/1.0/");
            mapInfo.add("Contourlines Copyrights (contained in 7*.img)");
            mapInfo.add("The Contourlines data is provided by Jonathan de Ferranti where available and SRTM3 in areas where no files are provided by www.viewfinderpanoramas.org. Compiled with mkgmap. All Copyrights to the contourdata remains with Jonathan de Ferranti.");
            mapInfo.add("The openmtbmap contourline maps may be used according to http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/ by attributing http://openmtbmap.org and attributing the exact date of map compilation by openmtbmap.org. If you distribute the contourline maps without proper attribution you break the copyright of http://openmtbmap.org and I reserve my right to enforce legal action. You may publish screenshots showing the contourlines according to CCBYSA 2.0 as long as you attribute and link to www.viewfinderpanoramas.org and openmtbmap.org");
            mapInfo.add("The sale or (re-)distribution of the openmtbmap contourline maps is not allowed!");
            mapInfo.add(".TYP-file (as well as the style-file used to build the maps)");
            mapInfo.add("is copyrighted by openmtbmap.org. It may not be redistributed or reused or partly reused without permission by Felix Hartmann - openmtbmap.org. Any commercial use is explicitely forbidden.");
            mapInfo.add("Attention: gmt.exe has it's own copyright notice (file: Copyright gmt.exe.txt). gmt.exe is part of gmaptool and can be found here: http://www.anpo.republika.pl/download.html#gmaptool");
        }

--
keep on biking and discovering new trails

Felix
openmtbmap.org & www.velomap.org

Re: Copyright text scrambled

Bill
I'm not sure if this helps, but I don't think the lines are "scrambled",
I think the lines are sorted.
I see the lines starting with ".TYP, Any, Attention,Contourlines,
Database, FOR,Map,Non, OPENSTREETMAP, Thanks"
If it was sorted symbols, caps then lowercase it would match the mapInfo
you added, with a couple additional lines.
   Bill

On 06/07/2013 07:47 AM, Felix Hartmann wrote:
 > The following change to the mapbuilder.java doesn't seem to work at
all - it's getting all scrambled in Mapsource (Map Manager - view
Copyright), anyone got > an idea why?

Re: Copyright text scrambled

Gerd Petermann
Hi Felix,
when you look at the img file, do you see the message in the right order?
If yes, it is a problem in MapSource.

Gerd

Re: Copyright text scrambled

Thorsten Kukuk
On Fri, Jun 07, Bill wrote:

> I'm not sure if this helps, but I don't think the lines are "scrambled",
> I think the lines are sorted.

Your thinking is correct. The lines will be displayed in sorted
order, because this are not multiline texts, but every line is an own
license information.
So what happens is, that GARMIN software will read all lines from
all maps, sorts them, removes duplicates, and then show the rest.

  Thorsten

Re: Copyright text scrambled

Felix Hartmann-2
How can I look at the text in the img file directly?
Gpsmapedit doesn't seem to work - it shows the other copyright entry...
On 07.06.2013 17:30, Gerd Petermann wrote:
Hi Felix,
when you look at the img file, do you see the message in the right order?
If yes, it is a problem in MapSource.

Gerd

Re: Copyright text scrambled

Gerd Petermann
Felix Hartmann-2 wrote
How can I look at the text in the img file directly?
Gpsmapedit doesn't seem to work - it shows the other copyright entry...
On 07.06.2013 17:30, Gerd Petermann wrote:
Any HEX Editor will do. On Windows I use the browse function (F3) in the Total Commander.

I just did that, the lines in the img file are ordered and Basecamp also shows the lines in a different order. So I think the original code in MapBuilder.java should be changed to produce one (long) line,
as Basecamp seems to show this in a readable way.

I'll try to fix that in the trunk version, maybe also the *.tdb file needs a change.

Gerd

Re: Copyright text scrambled

Gerd Petermann
Hi,

yes, you have to create one long string. You can add newline ("\n" or 0x0A) characters
to format it.
In MapSource, this doesn't change the output much because the box that shows the message
has a fixed size, so you have to use short lines. In Basecamp howerver, you can enlarge the window and the message is shown as expected.
Also, if you use Ctrl+A Ctrl-C to copy the message and paste it into an editor window, the newlines are regarded.

Attached is a patch, the compiled binary is here:
http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/132/mkgmap.jar

This should also allow to use multiple lines in the license-info file.

Gerd
licence-info-v1.patch

GerdP wrote
Felix Hartmann-2 wrote