Correcting inland water features

Nevw
Hi
Regarding GeoScience Australia Surface Hydrology datasets
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Australian_Data_Catalogue
https://ecat.ga.gov.au/geonetwork/srv/eng/catalog.search?node=srv#/metadata/1186e898-14b5-812e-e053-10a3070a76f0'  and the polygons and points layers
The watercources are flagged as perennial or not.
Should all non-perennial be tagged as intermittent?

Re: Correcting inland water features

Nevw
More specifically...

The watercourses are flagged as perennial or non-perennial or null

*Should all those flagged as non-perennial be tagged as intermittent?

Seems to be too few perennial but as others have mentioned Australian watercourses are predominantly intermittent.

Re: Correcting inland water features

Andrew Davidson-3
On Wed, 31 Oct 2018 00:05 nwastra, <[hidden email]> wrote:

*Should all those flagged as non-perennial be tagged as intermittent?

Yes.

Seems to be too few perennial but as others have mentioned Australian watercourses are predominantly intermittent.

Perennial streams are pretty rare in Australia. If you used the literal never stops flowing definition, there would be almost none.

Re: Correcting inland water features

Andrew Harvey-3
On Wed, 31 Oct 2018 at 06:53, Andrew Davidson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Perennial streams are pretty rare in Australia. If you used the literal never stops flowing definition, there would be almost none.

Downstream of dams are commonly perennial since the dam will often let
through a constant flow to maintain creek health.

Re: Correcting inland water features

Joel H.-2

I noticed this dataset too, but could never figure out how to open it with JOSM.

Andrew Harvey, have you checked out these files? And do you have any plans to convert them?

If we plan on doing a wider scale import I would suggest separating each stream into its own .osm file so we could check each waterway and make a decision to replace or not.