Count values ​​from .asc file

Emil Klimek
Hi.

I've got a small job to do in udig. Maybe someone will be able to help me.

Ok.I have got .asc file with some values in each of cells (ordinary
situation :)). I set .asc source file as a layer in my application.
Everything is positioned as I wanted.
Within range of this layer there are some area geometries from my database.
I would like to sum all values from .asc file, which "overlaps" each of
geometries.

Maybe someone knows proper tool which will solve my problem? I will be
grateful for any help.

Regards
Emil

Re: Count values from .asc file

Andrea Antonello
Hi Emil,
sorry for coming back to this so late.

Did you solve this?
Else I could have an option using uDig's spatial toolbox.

Cheers,
Andrea

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 2:18 PM, Emil Klimek <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I've got a small job to do in udig. Maybe someone will be able to help me.
>
> Ok.I have got .asc file with some values in each of cells (ordinary
> situation :)). I set .asc source file as a layer in my application.
> Everything is positioned as I wanted.
> Within range of this layer there are some area geometries from my database.
> I would like to sum all values from .asc file, which "overlaps" each of
> geometries.
>
> Maybe someone knows proper tool which will solve my problem? I will be
> grateful for any help.
>
> Regards
> Emil

Re: Count values from .asc file

fgdrf
Emil, I hope its not to late for an answer.
I guess you should have a look at the GeoScript console. You can easily load asc file, access features from an other datastore as filters and analyze the overlaps

Some links that may help:

HTH
Frank