Creating georeferenced images with mapnik or nik2img

Creating georeferenced images with mapnik or nik2img

Kai Behncke
Dear list,

I wonder how/if I can create georeferenced images with mapnik or nik2img?

I use nik2img 0.8 and mapnik 2.0.0 on Debian.
I see that I can use the -w option at nik2img, but for that of course I need to know exactly the needed values that must be written in the worldfile, no?

What do you propose to get as an output a georeferenced image?

Thank you very much, Kai

Re: Creating georeferenced images with mapnik or nik2img

Kai Behncke
Dear list,

I found a solution now,

with nik2img and the tif-output the images are georeferenced (geotiff), if the gdal-utilities are installed.

Best regards, Kai
-------- Original-Nachricht --------