Custom Mobile Map Style

DERICK LUNG'AHO LUNG'AHO P15/21645/2007
Hi All,

I am relatively new with MGMAPS sdk and have encountered some probblems...

1. How can i use some of the contributed map styles in my j2me map application
2. I'm also having a problem connecting my j2me map app to the internet behind a proxy server. I've set
   all the necessary network parameters in netbeans; but all i keep on getting is a blank screen.

Thanks..

Re: Custom Mobile Map Style

jaakl

Hi,

1.       You need to know numeric ID of the style, and then put it to the third parameter of CloudMade map creation: mapItem.setMap(new CloudMade("cloudmade-key", 64, STYLE_ID));
From maps.cloudmade.com I can get Style ID when I select new style, e.g. “Cogniance 2”, and then click “share” button, and in the end of shown URL there is …&styleId=1279 written. So setting 1279 to style_id should show this style.
Or, if you want to try the experimental streaming mode, use following command (s=xx parameter defines style):
 mapItem.setMap(new NutiteqStreamedMap("http://aws.nutiteq.ee/mapstream.php?s=1279&", "Cloud Made", 64, 0, 19));

2.       Please email [hidden email], include logs and if possible your application example. Usually networking issues should actually give “license networking error”, blank (white) map may come from something else.

/Jaak

Nutiteq