Custom Projection in Kosmo?

Bob and Deb
Hello List,

New user to Kosmo here :)

I was wondering if Kosmo allows you to add custom projections?  I need
to have a UTM Zone 10 NAD83 crs which uses US Survey Feet instead of
meters.

Thanks in advance!

Bob

Re: Custom Projection in Kosmo?

Rahkonen Jukka
Hi,

By browsing the Kosmo directories I believe that at some moment Kosmo runs a script "db_epsg.script"  from bin\crs directory and script then creates a HSQL database for further use. By editing the script anning custom projections would probably be possible. Let's see what developers say.

-Jukka Rahkonen-
Bob and Deb wrote:

> Hello List,

> New user to Kosmo here :)

> I was wondering if Kosmo allows you to add custom projections?  I need
> to have a UTM Zone 10 NAD83 crs which uses US Survey Feet instead of
> meters.

> Thanks in advance!

Bob

Re: Custom Projection in Kosmo?

Sergio Baños Calvo-2
Hi Bob.

The current Kosmo Desktop version doesn't support adding custom user crs
definitions.

But, as Jukka said in his mail, there is the possibility to add them to
the scriipt "db_epsg.script" that it's available at the /bin/crs
directory from the Kosmo Desktop install directory. We have added a few
of them some months ago for a custom project, but it's not an easy task.
Give it a try and I'll try to help you with the task if you need.

Regards,

PD: Custom user crs definitions will be available for Kosmo Desktop 2.1.

El 25/01/2012 22:30, Rahkonen Jukka escribió:

> Hi,
>
> By browsing the Kosmo directories I believe that at some moment Kosmo runs a script "db_epsg.script"  from bin\crs directory and script then creates a HSQL database for further use. By editing the script anning custom projections would probably be possible. Let's see what developers say.
>
> -Jukka Rahkonen-
> Bob and Deb wrote:
>
>> Hello List,
>> New user to Kosmo here :)
>> I was wondering if Kosmo allows you to add custom projections?  I need
>> to have a UTM Zone 10 NAD83 crs which uses US Survey Feet instead of
>> meters.
>> Thanks in advance!
> Bob

Re: Custom Projection in Kosmo?

Giuseppe Aruta
Hi Bob
I googled UTM Zone 10 NAD83, feet and find this crs: EPSG 26910, which is included into Kosmo 2.0 RC1 crs repository. Is this the one you are lookinf for?
I tested it with Kosmo and find that measure tools calculate lenght in "feet" and area in "ares"

Giuseppe