Damage Assessment Tags - Would like feedback on a schema

Re: Damage Assessment Tags - Would like feedback on a schema

Warin
On 24/05/2015 5:09 PM, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 3:54 AM, Richard Z. <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 09:52:06PM -0700, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
> Note that just because you can collect some data, does not make it a good
> idea to put in OSM.  Maintenance is harder than collection: and who's going
> to go back three years after the HOT event and clean up?

same is even worse with other data like phone=*

Phone is an interesting one.
I view it as helpful.
When the phone number or website change registration, it's a flat that the OSM data is out of date.
In my website tag checker, I load the website given and look for the phone number.

What it kicks out primarily are lots of restaurants that are in OSM but out of business.

---
The damage stuff however has no such cross check.  It will likely rot in the OSM database,
getting more and more unverifiable.

If the 'stuff' was entered as functional at first .. why is it verifiable then and unverifiable simply because it has changed to damaged?
Because it cannot be check remotely is no reason to decry the entry of the data.

Re: Damage Assessment Tags - Would like feedback on a schema

On 24/05/2015 5:10 PM, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 5:02 AM, Blake Girardot <[hidden email]> wrote:
The intention of the damage:event=* or maybe disaster:event=*  tag doesn't have much to do with assigning causation, and has more to do with tag maintenance. We want to be able to run projects that get objects that were tagged with an event related tag to review, revise or remove them.

But why put that node/way status in the OSM dataset itself, rather than in a HOT tasking manager.
Because it become available to others .. like the government/local authorities who may be in charge of repairs?

Re: Damage Assessment Tags - Would like feedback on a schema

brycenesbitt
On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 12:22 AM, Warin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Because it become available to others .. like the government/local authorities who may be in charge of repairs?

Crowd source databases are not appropriate sources for government/local action at that level.  Were there interest
from a government/local authority, that agency could be granted protected access to the taking manager or other data store.

Adding tags to the main database is not the only option for collecting, maintaining or distributing data.

Re: Damage Assessment Tags - Would like feedback on a schema

Rafael Avila Coya
Hi Bryce:

Have you ever done any single task of any Tasking Manager project?

From your comments, it seems you are completely wrong on what the Tasking Manager is about.

Cheers,

Rafael.

On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 2:34 AM, Rafael Avila Coya <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Bryce:
Have you ever done any single task of any Tasking Manager project?
From your comments, it seems you are completely wrong on what the Tasking Manager is about.
Cheers,
Rafael.

Why, yes I have used the tasking manager, most recently in the Nepal region.
Why post such a question on a public mailing list?