Destructive Del shortcut

pierzen
Quite annoying problem revising list of objects using the ToDo plugin. But this problem is more general and related to the Layers panel were it is too easy to delete an OSM layer (if no objects to send yet to the OSM server) while editing and switching repeatively from the Map, ToDo and Layers panels.
To revise duplicates / Overlaps for Butembo DRC in the last few weeks, I had an extract of objects to revise. My process was to go through the list using the ToDo plugin. I sometimes click in the layers panel to hide or show some layers and come back to the the Map panel to revise or delete objects. And I save often to avoid edit conflicts with contributors that are editing the Task for Butembo.

After loosing the OSM file so many times, I have identified the problem and can repeat it. If by mistake, I click the Del shortkey and the focus is still on the Layers panel, the OSM file (if no object to send to the OSM server) is silently eraised, Oups, Gup!, File lost, ToDo list of objects to revise lost, progress lost. I have to restart from the beginning and review all.
This problem do not arise when objects need to be sent to the OSM server. In such case, a message proposes to first send the data to OSM.
Could the behavior of the Del key shortcut be changed to work only on the Map panel?

With such restriction for the Layers panel, it would then be required to click on a particular layer with the left mouse button and then ask specifically to delete the layer.

Pierre