DigitalGlobe imagery for OSM editing

Kevin Bullock
On behalf of DigitalGlobe: I’m pleased to announce the availability of two new imagery layers from DigitalGlobe. These are available now in the new iD Editor 2.2. release and will be soon available in JOSM.

Sincerely, Kevin Bullock

This electronic communication and any attachments may contain confidential and proprietary information of DigitalGlobe, Inc. If you are not the intended recipient, or an agent or employee responsible for delivering this communication to the intended recipient, or if you have received this communication in error, please do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate or otherwise use the information. Please indicate to the sender that you have received this communication in error, and delete the copy you received.

DigitalGlobe reserves the right to monitor any electronic communication sent or received by its employees, agents or representatives.

Re: DigitalGlobe imagery for OSM editing

Kevin Bullock
Access is free (no payment, complimentary, no subscription) for all registered OSM editors for the purposes of improving OSM.

Kevin

On May 9, 2017, at 12:42 PM, James <[hidden email]> wrote:

Just so that it is more clear, do we have to subscribe(paid model) to have access to the imagery to edit in ID/JOSM? As in we would need to sign in with a paid account to access the imagery layer in JOSM/ID; or is this provided much like Bing and Mapbox already have done and provide this service for free(of course in the context of editing for OSM)?

Re: DigitalGlobe imagery for OSM editing

Clifford Snow

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 12:30 PM, Kevin Bullock <[hidden email]> wrote:
On behalf of DigitalGlobe: I’m pleased to announce the availability of two new imagery layers from DigitalGlobe. These are available now in the new iD Editor 2.2. release and will be soon available in JOSM.

Kevin,
Thanks to you and DigitalGlobe. I'm looking at a Bing image of Atenas Costa Rica - too many clouds to be useable. DigitalGlobe is beautiful!

Clifford

--
@osm_seattle
OpenStreetMap: Maps with a human touch

Re: DigitalGlobe imagery for OSM editing

Oleksiy Muzalyev
On 09.05.17 20:30, Kevin Bullock wrote:

> On behalf of DigitalGlobe: I’m pleased to announce the availability of
> two new imagery layers from DigitalGlobe. These are available now in
> the new iD Editor 2.2. release and will be soon available in JOSM.
>
> Longer read here:
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/@kevin_bullock/diary/41132
>
> Sincerely, Kevin Bullock
>
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/@kevin_bullock
> https://twitter.com/kevin_bullock

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for the information. I just checked, and I saw that at my JOSM
the two DigitalGlobe layers, Premium and Standard, are already
available. I just have to open the JOSM's Imagery Preferences dialog and
activate them.

The Premium layer is brighter and it seems that it has got a higher
resolution. I compared them with the Bing and Mapbox layers for the
places on the North shore of the Black sea which I know and which I map
currently, and the DigitalGlobe layers are more recent for these
particular places. I see on them buildings which were in fact
constructed, but yet absent on other layers.

Thank you again.

With best regards,
Oleksiy

Re: DigitalGlobe imagery for OSM editing

Paul Johnson-3
On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 1:30 PM, Kevin Bullock <[hidden email]> wrote:
On behalf of DigitalGlobe: I’m pleased to announce the availability of two new imagery layers from DigitalGlobe. These are available now in the new iD Editor 2.2. release and will be soon available in JOSM.

How frequently will this imagery be updated?